So I bought the Jeep a little friend last weekend...

Teal Terminator

Established Member
2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8. Oh, and she's boosted and has H/C/I, full exhaust, and methanol injection! :) She moves out and sounds like a beast! Currently putting down about 575 rwhp but I plan to detune her a bit for DD duty.

Flew to FL to get it. Drove it nearly a 1000 miles back without a single hiccup. Has 33k miles on it, not a single dent in the sheet metal, only a handful of small nicks, not a single rim curbed, and the interior looks brand new.

So far I am loving it. I'm a wagon fan and have always loved the Magnums. Almost bought one instead of my Jeep but decided the Jeep was a little nicer and I liked the AWD factor. I still do prefer the Jeep for those reasons but the additional ~250 hp this bad boy has make up for some of that. :) I love "different" vehicles and the Jeep definitely qualifies in some regards but I'd say this thing is even more of a niche vehicle. And with the sounds it makes it gets some crazy looks. :D

Neither one was super clean for these pics but the weather was nice, the baby was down for a nap and I hadn't shot any real photos with them together yet so figured I'd do it while I can. And that's the best part, the wife is going to take the Jeep as her "new" DD and the Magnum will be mine, so we get to keep them both! It makes for one sexy looking garage.

DSC_0304_zps2395b5ab.jpg

DSC_0280_zps32e55917.jpg

DSC_0365_zps11fcf22f.jpg

DSC_0354_zpse63b941d.jpg

DSC_0332_zpsd73a1bcd.jpg

DSC_0379_zpsc59007b9.jpg

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjJt5XtkumY&list=UU91P319pDzTpl2-HXaGddbw&feature=share

Last edited:

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Very nice find!

I really like the SRT 8 Magnums. My only grip with them is that they don't come in manual. I bet it is still a blast to drive though!

stroked mach

Established Member
so whats the power on the new ride, I love them cars and my fav is the challengers but I think they should have made them more powerful, with all that motor they should fly

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Great stable, I too enjoy "different" types of vehicles. We quickly realized that our Toyota Matrix is far too small for us so I've been thinking about the Magnum. I'm just not sure I want my girl driving the SRT version but I sure would appreciate it on the weekends. :beer: Any idea of the mpgs?

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Are you in Tyler much, I saw a SRT wagon just the other day downtown.

edit: oops thought jarrad was the op! Nevermind!

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Great stable, I too enjoy "different" types of vehicles. We quickly realized that our Toyota Matrix is far too small for us so I've been thinking about the Magnum. I'm just not sure I want my girl driving the SRT version but I sure would appreciate it on the weekends. :beer: Any idea of the mpgs?

Thanks. I haven't had it long enough yet to know what my "real" mpg will be once I start DD'ing it on a daily basis but I do know that I averaged 20 mpg on my way back from FL... I was very pleased with that! That is the stock rated highway mileage so you can't ask for much better. My guess is it will still average better than my Jeep though, which usually sees about 15 mpg.

I love all srt8 vehicles. Definetly don't see the magnum much. Both rides are awesome!

Yeah, I have to say, I really like how Chrysler offers the SRT package on such a wide variety of vehicle models. And not only that but they really are a very nice balance of power, looks, handling and all around performance for the dollar... especially used. Obviously I've enjoyed the Jeep enough to purchase another one. All the second gen model vehicles are much nicer in quality than these first gen's but they're also more expensive. I still want another Mustang but with recently having a child DD'ing something with only two doors just isn't an option.

As for the rarity of these two... I've owned my Jeep for two years now and I'm on the road a decent amount for work and I don't think I've ever seen but maybe 10 of them (outside of car shows). I think they made roughly 5000 Jeep SRT8's each year of production (so roughly 20k - 25k are out there). The Magnum's on the other hand they built less than 4000 of them... total! I think I've only ever seen maybe two on the road before. 95% of the population has no idea what the JSRT is or is capable of but I think even fewer know what a Magnum SRT is, lol. Nor does anyone expect it to have 600+ HP and run 11's. :-D

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Nice rides! I looked at new SRT8 Jeeps for the wife... they stickered for 70k! I like the look of your body style better.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice. Cool that you got the same color as your Jeep SRT-8. I like the Jeep the best (of the two). What's next, an SRT-8 Challenger, in silver of course? ;-)

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
very nice OP, I drove a SRT8 300C with about that much power once and yeah they move out fast.

and cool to see another Raleigh person on here

Users who are viewing this thread