So close with my first tune. Have a couple of questions.

beastmar

Established Member
So I just recently started getting into tuning my own 2003 cobra. I’ve done a lot of research and I think I have most of it down. The car runs great for the most part but I have some questions that I’m hoping some of you can help me with.

1) The biggest concern I have is that when I’m driving and let go of the throttle, after a couple of seconds the car will go into open loop and my afr gauge will go lean ~18.0. Why is this happening? Is this where I need to adjust my dashpot?

2) I get a check engine light for P0053 & sometimes P0059 will a company it. Are my 02 sensors done for? These were replaced not too long ago and I didn’t have this CEL come up.

3) How do I fix my hanging idle? I have the dragon throttle body and my idle likes to hang around 1500 RPM then after a while drop to 1100 - 1200 RPM.

Thanks everyone, any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
That's not open loop. That's Coasting Fuel Shut Off. When you coast the injectors shut off to save gas. You can turn it off in the tune.

beastmar

Established Member
Oh ok. I was a little concerned with that. So this wouldn't cause any issues with hurting my motor if I kept it on?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Oh ok. I was a little concerned with that. So this wouldn't cause any issues with hurting my motor if I kept it on?
No. Even the stock tune does it. I keep it on because I feel with it off the car doesn't engine brake as well.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
As for the hanging idle is it hanging while you roll to a stop? Or does it hang after you've stopped? Mine hangs at about 1100rpm until I stop. I'm ok with it like that.

beastmar

Established Member
As for the hanging idle is it hanging while you roll to a stop? Or does it hang after you've stopped? Mine hangs at about 1100rpm until I stop. I'm ok with it like that.

It'll hang at about 1500 until I stop. When I stop it'll hang around 1200. I done some research and what I've got is that the dragon throttle body is known for doing that.

Someone had mentioned to drop my idle lbs/min down by 30%. Do you think this is correct? I wanted to ask before I tried.

Thanks!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
It'll hang at about 1500 until I stop. When I stop it'll hang around 1200. I done some research and what I've got is that the dragon throttle body is known for doing that.

Someone had mentioned to drop my idle lbs/min down by 30%. Do you think this is correct? I wanted to ask before I tried.

Thanks!
I would make sure it isn't the throttle body first. I haven't had to mess with anything in the idle tables on my set up.

I usually work in smaller chunks. 5-15% depending on what I'm adjusting.

Users who are viewing this thread