Snow shoe wheel Q

nocarey

Established Member
As a soon to 2011 SHO owner here's my situation. . .

I have four awesome Bridgestone Blizzak tires I used on my Bullitt Mustang last winter for 4K miles, size 235/55/18. The car was a tank in the snow passing Hummers and other 4x4 monsters. I couldn't believe how well they worked! :burnout:

My new SHO will have the PP with summer tires and 20" wheels. If I buy new 18" wheels and put the Blizzaks on will they fit on the SHO? Diameter difference between the PP tires(245/45/20) and the Blizzaks is about 1" less and speed difference about 1 mph less. I'm a bit concerned on clearance around the calipers. Any thoughts? or should I just buy all season tires that would fit the 20" rims? :??:

hoofbeat

Established Member
:beer:Bought my 2010 SHO Jan. of 2010 with per. pkg. (from northern In.) learned real quick the F1 Goodyear suck in the snow.After some research i bought a set of Michelin Primarcy MXV4 all season tires and kept the F1s for summer. Tire rack has a great sale on now and i have been the winter only tire and did not like how quickly they wore out.You are going to love the SHO!

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Tire size 235/55-18 will be just fine on the 2011 SHO as it's only 1/2" shorter in total rolling diameter.

We haven't measured the 2011 models just yet but assuming the fitment is the same as the 2010 (which is should be) then all the 18" wheel models linked below will work without having to do any modifications.

Wheel Products - Discount Tire Direct

Users who are viewing this thread