Sniper box died. Looking to get an SCT Xcal, have a problem......

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
As the title states, my Sniper tuner has kicked the bucket. What I would like to know is, even if the tune for the sniper is still in the car, could I successfully transition to an SCT Xcal3? Or is a stock tune file required? With the sniper being dead, i cannot revert back to stock. Is overwriting that canned tune possible with the SCT?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
When you use the SCT it will store the Sniper tune in the spot reserved for the stock tune. It shouldn't hurt anything as long as you'll never need the stock tune. If you think you will at some point you could have the computer reflashed by a dealer.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Roller6.7

Stock with a suprise
Established Member
Not sure, but if he was to dis connect the battery of the car, wouldn't it reset it to the stock tune? If not, what does the car reset to then when the batt dies or gets disconnected?

NoRdO

Established Member
When the battery is disconnected the computer relearns driving habits, environmental conditions, and etc. It does this to make the engine run better and helps the vehicle make better fuel economy. When a tune is flashed to the ecu, it perminantly stays there until the ecu is reflashed. Disconnecting the battery doesn't do anything to the tune in the ecu.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
When you use the SCT it will store the Sniper tune in the spot reserved for the stock tune. It shouldn't hurt anything as long as you'll never need the stock tune. If you think you will at some point you could have the computer reflashed by a dealer.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Perfect, this answers my question exactly. Thank you! :beer:

2002BLGT

Established Member
Why not just send your Sniper/Delta Force interface in to have it repaired, I am sure all it would cost is about $10 bucks shipping

Users who are viewing this thread