Sneaky Snake's On3 Turbo 03' Cobra build

stangfreak

Established Member
Not to hijack, but I'm curious to see how the twin turbo 4v on3 kit will come out this winter

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
Nice looking build :) Any #'s yet? Are you planning to daily this? Will be curious to see how you do with your coolant temps with the AC on in stop n go traffic for an extended amount of time.

Car did 580rwhp/500rwtq on 15psi and 93 pump gas through the auto with the converter un-locked. Made another pull with converter locked and did 622rwhp.:rockon:
Added 3deg. timing and did a 20psi pull on 104 race gas and only made 590rwhp. :( Blowing through converter. Will need new triple disc converter...coming soon. :bash:
And yes...car is daily'd.

iggster

Established Member
Car did 580rwhp/500rwtq on 15psi and 93 pump gas through the auto with the converter un-locked. Made another pull with converter locked and did 622rwhp.:rockon:
Added 3deg. timing and did a 20psi pull on 104 race gas and only made 590rwhp. :( Blowing through converter. Will need new triple disc converter...coming soon. :bash:
And yes...car is daily'd.

any dyno graphs of the 580 15psi and the 20 psi pull?

SiCKS1D3R

.:HOLLYW666D:.
Established Member
Much respect on the build man! I'm wanting to do an On3 kit with a Precision 7675 on my 04 Cobra, any pointers? Also did it come with the DUAL wastegate setup? :beer:

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I noticed you aren't running the swaybar. Did you try and there wasn't enough room or just decided to leave it off altogether?

KingKiller

Established Member
Much respect on the build man! I'm wanting to do an On3 kit with a Precision 7675 on my 04 Cobra, any pointers? Also did it come with the DUAL wastegate setup? :beer:

My pointer is...do it. Actually, if there's one thing I'd say is that a 76 IS a bit laggy on a 4.6, and unless you're planning on making over 800rwhp, I'm not sure it's the best choice for the street OR the strip. A 67 billet would be MUCH more responsive and capable of 700+rwhp, especially in a stick car.

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
Finally after a long time off from this project, I'm back! Unfortunately I had some life events which caused me to lose focus on this car and venture into some other things. One being my 2014 Coyote named "White Out!"
Good thing is, I have the engine in the machine shop, new set of Wisco one off custom pistons ordered, and new found motivation to finish this bad boy up again. Got very discouraged after all the hard work I put in it and had a piston fail after only 3k miles or so. Machine shop made bores too loose, experienced some detonation, and the top ring broke and bounced around in the cylinder taking out the piston and scarring up the combustion chamber on the head. Good thing is I shut it down in time and heads and block still salvageable. Looking forward to some fast times and longevity thus time around . Upped compression from 9.5:1 to 10:1 and going with a better torque converter.
Feeling excited!☺

Users who are viewing this thread