Sneaky Snake's On3 Turbo 03' Cobra build

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
Just completed build about three weeks ago. It took me about a year to complete everything. (New motor, trans., batt. relocate, k-member kit, fuel system and turbo kit.) Installed by myself with the help of a few friends stabbing the motor. Did batt. relocate, fuel system, trans. and turbo kit all by myself!
Do want to send a special thanks out to my chick (Shelley) for putting up with all the car parts spread all over our house for a year and ALL the $$$ that was spent. My dad (Wendell) for helping out with a few parts here and there and my boy Rick (SSTANGBANGER) for all the shared knowledge when I needed it. I couldn't have done it without him! Also thanks to David Pena (from Southside Speed Shop), Sean Lopez (Pantera), and Jerry Solis (Jerry03'Cobra) for helping stab the motor and doing the k-member kit install and my good buddy and co-worker/welder Chris Perez for all welding associated with this project. Last, but definitely not least, Chris and his crew over at Chris's Car Doc for the start-up and driveability tune.
This may not be the best build thread (my first time attempting such a thing), but if anybody out there has any specific questions about anything feel free to ask. I did have to modify quite a bit of little things, nothing major. I was looking for some direction in this build and couldn't really find anything about a on3 kit in a Terminator. I did however read a lot on MODULAR SPEED's on3 build and that was very helpful!

Last edited:

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
2e4x2c8.jpg

Here is what I started with. 76mm Turbonetics Q-Trim ball bearing turbo, On3 Turbo kit minus turbo, and Mach 1 intake.
Had valve covers, coolant crossover, timing cover, & intake powder coated.

Last edited:

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
Here is the Turbo as I received it.
11tlus3.jpg

Headers and Exhaust housing ready to go to Poly-Dyne for ceramic coating.
11sfalv.jpg

Finished product!
240y6ts.jpg

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
De-burred upper plenum and cut divider out of upper and installed Accufab oval throttle body and 1/2" alum. plenum spacer
1zecsjd.jpg

vfv8si.jpg

immez6.jpg

Stock Mach 1 lower
10e0a4j.jpg

HPP modded lower
29dbd6p.jpg

Last edited:

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
Welded in bung for Turbo oil drain. Note: I moved it over a bit as to not interfere with balancer.
v3o96w.jpg

Finished product.
a1o0sm.jpg

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
Dual fuel pump hat from Division X.
2gxjukx.jpg

Already had Lethal Perf. budget return style kit. Added -10an single feed Y'ed into two -8an dual feeds and supporting fittings and Aeroquip Startlite hose.
3179ijr.jpg

Jegs Fuel filter installed in factory bracket.
11l38dj.jpg

Ran -10an along factory fuel line.
1zvx5di.jpg

2nq9mjp.jpg

33vlz7n.jpg

-10an x -8an Y-block in pass. side fenderwell.
25f6ouh.jpg

Finished up with custom made fuel pressure regulator bracket that I made and FRPP 80lb. injectors. Pass. side feeds from front of rail/exits rear to FPR. Drvers side feeds through rear of rail/exits out front to FPR.
1zv51t5.jpg

Last edited:

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
Did a Taylor batt. relocate with 00 welding cable.
f2vt43.jpg

f4jpdv.jpg

Flaming River cut-off switch mounted inside batt. box with push/pull lever
through pass. side tail light. Have separate tail lights for street driving/track purpose. Just remove lever for street. ;)
16hiucm.jpg

Ran cable through existing hole in trunk, down through rear frame rail, and along subframe connector. Note: Took a piece of 3/8" rubber fuel hose and sliced it longways creating a grommet around subframe opening.
2hevzh1.jpg

2qvv8ec.jpg

Last edited:

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
Picked up assembled longblock from WESTSIDE Performance Machine Houston, Tx. and installed oil pan, timing cover, valve covers, and mock fitted intake and hotside with turbo. :pepper:
1on48w.jpg

ruacld.jpg

etv8nb.jpg

2s6t444.jpg

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
Time to install the K-member.
280i7tg.jpg

2gv8phx.jpg

2412kwi.jpg

23u7t6s.jpg

Made the switch to Strange adjustable struts to match the rear adjustables.
2a7aauf.jpg

stangfreak

Established Member
this thread is bad ass. Love the car and setup. I was actually looking at the on3 kit and try to modify a few parts to make it better. It looks legit

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
Thank for all the props fellas. I will continue posting the rest of this build tomorrow. Still plenty of pics left.

Sneaky Snake

Established Member
K-Member is in, engine is assembled, time to put the heart in this BEAST!!!
2hcdwz7.jpg

qrndab.jpg

Got it in...Like Butta Baaaby!!!
241t6qp.jpg

4tlg92.jpg

2s0es03.jpg

Last edited:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
Great thread and build man. Well done. i can't believe you did this in a parking lot. FTW!!

Users who are viewing this thread