snapped my crank pulley, help!!!

tjs98gt

Established Member
so i just went out for a ride to do some datalogging, which i only got one of the graphs saved and not the one when this happened.

but i was driving down the road and did a 3rd and 4th gear pull to watch the fuel pressure and boost gauge because when i went out last night it felt like i was having belt slip or something of the sort, and when i got off the highway i heard a clanking noise. luckily i live like 2 minutes from the highway and i got the car home and popped the hood and the belt tensioner was going nuts and i turned it off and saw the crank pulley snapped at the 3 "spokes"

anyone know why this might have happened? that also makes it interesting to try to remove it. im thinking i might try to get it off with a 3 jaw puller, what do you think? the pulley was still there and the belt was still on all the pulleys right.

also, since u reading this, does anyone have a spare one to get me buy until i can afford an aftermarket one? im going to hawaii next month(was an xmas gift) and i can barely afford to go anymore because of this car and if i buy that pulley i def wont be able to afford anything but sit on the beach when im there lol.

brokenpulley.gif

brokenpulley2.gif

heres some pics of the damage

anyone have any ideas on how to get that off of there?

tjs98gt

Established Member
yeah i dont wanna put that much pressure on the timing cover though. my buddy is gunna crack it off for me, or ill make 3 spots on it with a dremel and put the 3 jaw puller in it and grab it that way

Users who are viewing this thread