Snake's new skin

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
DSC0317925.jpg

Just a quick shot. I havent done anyhting other than reassemble the car. Ive been waiting for the paint to fully cure before I go to sanding and buffing.

351inside

Established Member
did you repaint the whole car??? how much was it for everything if you dont mind me asking.... cant wait to see more of it....

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
351inside said:
did you repaint the whole car??? how much was it for everything if you dont mind me asking.... cant wait to see more of it....

Yes, I took the entire car apart piece by piece and redid the whole thing. It cost me nothing, I did all of the work excpept for the final paint. I work at a bodyshop so I got the hook up on all the materials and such. The guy who ended up painting the car owed me a favor for fixing the side of his Blazer after he hit a deer.

Wildpony said:
Nice
Did you add any "pearl" to the clearcoat/basecoat???

No it is straight factory K7 paint, or Bright Atlantic Blue as most would know it. I wanted to do some trick stuff to it having spent so much time and energy on it in the first place, but in the end I figured having brand new paint in this color and the car being laser straight were good enough for me. Trust me when I say there is a TON of pearl in this color already. If I ever have any problems down the road I dont want to have a hard time matching the color, so factory paint was best for my case.

And thank you to the others for the compliments, there are few pictures of the car since its completion, it has rained everyday since I put it back together, and yesterday when these shots were taken, it was COVERED in pollen, and I mean bad. But you get the idea.

DSC03174.jpg

DSC03175-1.jpg

DSC03176.jpg

DSC03177.jpg

DSC03181.jpg

DSC03182.jpg

Sorry for it being so dark in the shop, but believe me when I say that the car was not clean in these pictures, so I felt no need to roll it out in the sun, once it gets buffed and I have time to really detail I will post more and better pictures :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread