Snake looses to C4

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Funny how things go. Two Saturdays ago I had an opportunity to run a 96 Collectors Edition Corvette. It was an auto and probably a lt1. We were both waiting to turn left with me in front. Make the turn and I take the far right lane, short shift into second to allow him to get beside me. He is in it all the way as he goes by so now it is time for catch up. Put the hammer down as soon as I realize he's not going to line up. By the end of second he is at my rear corner panal and as I shift into third I continue to walk him. I felt pretty good after that run considering I had three passangers and the AC was blasting.

Fast forward to last Saturday. Comming home from the local car show I take my exit off the freeway and stop at the end of the ramp. my route will take me down the service road to the next light. Low and behold a green C4 pulls up next to me, I smile but the other driver doesn't respond. I am still feeling the high from my other kill a week ago and figure I should do even better this time because I wasn't running the air and nobody is in my car. Light goes green I hear a slight chirp look up and this guy already has 2 and half cars on me. That C4 launched so hard I almost pissed myself :eek: . All I could do was get on it and was able to maintain my position about 3 cars back up to 120-130. I counldn't gain and he couldn't pull any more. He lets off and I get up next to him and realize he needs to turn left at my street so I let him infront and we both proceed to make the left. I pull over to the side to get next to him and chat. Nice guy said he had full Corsa exhaust, intake work and chip. Also said he dynoed right around 350 RWHP, seemed reasonable. My car is stock except for K&N dropin. I hung pretty good but there was no way I would have been able to out launch him which I feel determined the outcome of that race. Time to get to the track and learn how to luanch this lead sled.

Don't worry the Snake didn't go hungry, earlier in the evening I snacked on a BMW 540.

cscollis

Established Member

Fast forward to last Saturday. Comming home from the local car show I take my exit off the freeway and stop at the end of the ramp. my route will take me down the service road to the next light. Low and behold a green C4 pulls up next to me, I smile but the other driver doesn't respond. I am still feeling the high from my other kill a week ago and figure I should do even better this time because I wasn't running the air and nobody is in my car. Light goes green I hear a slight chirp look up and this guy already has 2 and half cars on me. That C4 launched so hard I almost pissed myself :eek: . All I could do was get on it and was able to maintain my position about 3 cars back up to 120-130. I counldn't gain and he couldn't pull any more. He lets off and I get up next to him and realize he needs to turn left at my street so I let him infront and we both proceed to make the left. I pull over to the side to get next to him and chat. Nice guy said he had full Corsa exhaust, intake work and chip. Also said he dynoed right around 350 RWHP, seemed reasonable. My car is stock except for K&N dropin. I hung pretty good but there was no way I would have been able to out launch him which I feel determined the outcome of that race. Time to get to the track and learn how to luanch this lead sled.

Don't worry the Snake didn't go hungry, earlier in the evening I snacked on a BMW 540. [/B]

No way in hell with intake and exhause on a lt1 dynoed 350. LT4 possible on a perfect day and a rigged dyno.

Are you sure it was not a ZR1. They can dyno 400 to the wheels with at many mods?

A friend of mine has a LT1 with heads and cams they I beat NA. On the bottle its a beast! (Fast damn car)

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
It is very possible it was a lt4, I know it was a stick but, definatley not a ZR1 (ZR1 and GS are my favorites). To say the least I was surprised but he beat me fair and square. I am sure the #'s he gave were a little high.

? what years were the lt4 engines availible?

95_LT1_Z

Established Member
all m6 got em in 96 than in 97 put them in a few lucky camaro's(ss) and firehawk's. i've seen a stock 96 6 speed hit 12.90's @ 108+ mph. quick car

98gt281

Established Member
You ran either a LT4 or a ZR1, no way in hell a C4 Vette with intake and exhaust would pull a 03 Cobra on the top end, it would make under 300 to the wheels for sure, maybe 290.

95_LT1_Z

Established Member
Originally posted by 98gt281
You ran either a LT4 or a ZR1, no way in hell a C4 Vette with intake and exhaust would pull a 03 Cobra on the top end, it would make under 300 to the wheels for sure, maybe 290.

very true. if it was a lt1 vette you would of walked him like a little bi*$h. lol:D i can beat the lt1 vette's. me vs 03 cobra=:nono: lol

Users who are viewing this thread