SN95 Rollercoaster

Real98roush

Established Member
Beautiful collection and great work on the cars. What paint did you use on the interior?

Thank you. I tried a few. Dupli-color worked the best for me. The color and durability met my expectations. They have matte and gloss. I went with gloss.
b46168cb25e93fa227592db43694f65b.jpg

Attachments

• b82f8ec69769a304126f1cce3dc22c46.jpg
    b82f8ec69769a304126f1cce3dc22c46.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 201

Real98roush

Established Member
I like both body styles. 94-98 was my favorite of the 2 but I really like Mach 1 and Cobra New Edges.

The 98 AB GT is the nicest of them all. That car was maintained very well by the PO’s.

I’ve always wanted an 03/04 and this one came up for a reasonable price.

I started tuning it up today. Changed the o2 sensors and clutch cable before I ran out of time.

I have DTC’s for over-boost. It’s pullied and tuned so I cleared the codes and reloaded the tune. Hopefully that works so I can get a smog test and registration.

I found the car has 3” stainless works exhaust from the headers back.

Last edited:

Real98roush

Established Member
Any prep work? The color looks like a great match from the pictures. How does it look in person?

Looks great in person. The color matches but the sheen is different since I went with a gloss.

I prepped with scotch bright pads and dawn dish soap. I tried a few methods. Scotch pads and dish soap worked best. Just need to be careful to not use too much pressure because it’ll scratch the hard plastic panels.

IG: @sn95mystic

Last edited:

Real98roush

Established Member
Half of the plugs on the 03 had oil in the wells. Compression is ok, so I’m going to change the VC gaskets.

Removed the exhaust and driveshaft to replace the IRS differential bushings.
c9a4274cce771e412345152829ff4e33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real98roush

Established Member
Replaced the 03 Cobra shifter today along with some fresh Mobile 1 ATF. Feels much better but I can’t drive it because the seat is at the upholsterer getting repaired.
5cccd310495913eacbe61aadc026ed82.jpg

Last edited:

Tillerman77

Established Member
Which handle are you going to use?

We wound up using the standard handle with a gripper knob. MGW is great gear.

Real98roush

Established Member
Which handle are you going to use?

We wound up using the standard handle with a gripper knob. MGW is great gear.

I installed the (OEM) comfort handle with the stock knob for now. I might throw the other one on someday for comparison.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
So going from a Pro 5.0 to the new MGW, will all of the 3 handles still be a closer reach than the Pro 5.0?
I was planning on buying the race and standard handles, but not so sure.

Real98roush

Established Member
The race and standard are really similar looking on the workbench. I wish I had taken a picture of them side by side for you to see. It looks like either handle will not have a far reach. The MGW has a lot of adjustability.

Tillerman77

Established Member
The race and standard are really similar looking on the workbench. I wish I had taken a picture of them side by side for you to see. It looks like either handle will not have a far reach. The MGW has a lot of adjustability.

That is correct. You can adjust the length and angle of the gold aluminum bracket on the shifter and additionally on the handle where it inserts into the gold bracket, i.e. two separate attachment points.

Users who are viewing this thread