SN95 Rollercoaster

Real98roush

Established Member
I hate you

I’m pretty stoked about the price! Honestly, I think he would’ve taken less. I offered $800 and he quickly accepted. He sold the car and his wife has been pressing him to sell... either way, I think I got a good deal.

Pulling the T45 right now. Need to figure out what I’m going to do about the reverse lockout. There’s a solenoid for $100. Others have said they adjusted a spring to release tension on the lockout. To be honest, I don’t have a clue what spring they’re referring to.

IG: @sn95mystic

SVTP: SN95 Rollercoaster

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Reverse Lock out is a bag of dicks. Mine intermittently does not work.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Real98roush

Established Member
Hell of a deal on that trans! Replace that input shaft and clutch disc while it's out now. Unless you just wanna get it running quickly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

The clutch is brand new and this car is just a cruiser, so I’m going to roll with it as-is.

I’m contemplating reworking the rear end while it’s on jack stands...

Real98roush

Established Member
MM FLSFC and o2 bung for a wide band
IMG_2940.jpg

Real98roush

Established Member
Installed a T56, aluminum driveshaft, Dallas Speedcal on the Mystic. Need to program the speedcal, add transmission fluid, and install a shifter.

I love the MGW on the 03 Cobra. I think I’ll try the B&M that came with this transmission. Looks like a nice quality piece.

bab2e96d0cab311e79fa7ab963b49c55.jpg
120e3c8b9c8b40685193c0a0bc297dcf.jpg
97dcb2d9c9b61f9a262e5267f665f591.jpg

Last edited:

Real98roush

Established Member
T56 swap is complete. I never thought I’d say this, but it shifts better than the T45. I’m not sure if it’s the shifter or transmission. I might have to conduct a test and swap shifters with the 03 Cobra. The terminator has a MGW. It shifts fine, but it’s not as smooth as the T56 in the Mystic with the B&M shifter.

I trimmed the spring on the reverse lockout solenoid. It’s not awful, but it takes some force to put into reverse. I might pull the plunger like the video above shows just to see the difference.

Grabbed a Dallas Speedcal a few years back for cheap. It was missing a connector. Lucky, I had an old o2 sensor that had the same connector, so I cut it off the o2 and pinned it to the Speedcal. I wasn’t expecting much, but the speedometer is working!

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
How did you get your trans mount to work? Maybe the photo is deceptive but it looks like you're using the stock setup. Did you just move the crossmember mounts further up on the subframe and redrill new holes? I'm so used to seeing people use conversion crossmembers these days that it has been a long time since I've seen anyone do it like that.

Real98roush

Established Member
How did you get your trans mount to work? Maybe the photo is deceptive but it looks like you're using the stock setup. Did you just move the crossmember mounts further up on the subframe and redrill new holes? I'm so used to seeing people use conversion crossmembers these days that it has been a long time since I've seen anyone do it like that.

Yes, stock crossover brace. Moved the rear bolts to the front holes and drilled new holes for the front bolts. Worked perfectly.

Used an Energy Suspension transmission mount, but a stock T56 mount would’ve worked too.

Real98roush

Established Member
The steering on the terminator was horrendous. It had roughly 2” of play. While getting the SFC’s welded in we found the rag bushing in the steering shaft was deteriorated. The bushing sat between the long tube headers. Heat from the headers wore the bushing out causing slop in the steering wheel.

On top of that, the previous owner removed the front sway bar.

Today I installed a solid MM steering shaft, sway bar, and all new bushings. No more free play! I can’t wait to drive it...

I’m going to install some other goodies while it’s still on jack stands.
620fdbb2b1c65d7ffe9e9e7debd43a2b.jpg
b5a4bd597e0378cec98e7ad2d2c400a3.jpg
c62e64f7cd782aa56f7900704cca8d39.jpg
b39ba0b94586ef7ffb33c6eb6df41e7b.jpg

Super easy, straightforward install. Most difficult part was some interference with the headers. Used a BMFH to make room.
63ab97a88589fb9b1d93d22e86b04d1e.jpg

The headers are custom headers built by Voodoo Racing Innovations. Unfortunately they were never painted, so they aren’t nice on the eyes, but definitely do the job.
15f492abf9ab5e33044e54ba4f455aca.jpg
tight fit. Might need some more BMFH treatment

Real98roush

Established Member
Installed a couple gauges in the terminator. AEM Failsafe and Dual Aeroforce Interceptor
eaae5880a71c88455df70755de5cdc78.jpg
c1cf3a4c05a9517adeeba60e979f2e70.jpg
1fc1f592cbe7358864dbd6c22a8cab63.jpg

Real98roush

Established Member
I’m so impressed with the steering. It’s really tight and crisp. More road noise, but it’s a fair trade.

jmsa540

Established Member
Yes, stock crossover brace. Moved the rear bolts to the front holes and drilled new holes for the front bolts. Worked perfectly.

Used an Energy Suspension transmission mount, but a stock T56 mount would’ve worked too.

If i remember correctly, there are bolt holes just before the actual t45 mount for the transmission. Rumor has it that ford was going to put a t56 in the 96-98 cobras but they never did.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ClarkGable

Established Member
Do you have the size specs on your old XXR 531’s? They looked great on your mystic

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Real98roush

Established Member
Installed Gen Tex rear view mirrors in all the cars. Got 2 different models; 453 and 458. One version has a compass the other doesn’t. Both models have auto dimming and homelink.

Cobra’s didn’t get the compass model, I put that in the daily SVTF.

It’s a simple mod. 2 power wires and a ground. It calls for remote power, constant power, and ground. With the constant power hooked up it allows the homelink to work at all times. I wasn’t comfortable with this since the DD is parked in the driveway. I didn’t like the idea that if someone broke into my car they could gain access to my garage/house. I figured the constant power was needed to remember the programming, so I tested it on the bench.

Used alligator clips to connect the mirror pigtail to a battery. Programmed and tested the mirror. Disconnected from the power source and let it sit on the bench for a week.

When I installed it with only remote power a week later I found it was still programmed. I spliced both the remote and constant wires on the mirror pigtail to a remote source from the car. The homelink only works with a key in the ignition when wired this way.

Below is the original mirror and a Gen Tex without the compass
0f9f89825199c05592d7f946b2f1c09c.jpg

The SVTF was a 5 minute install since there’s power and ground for the sunroof
bdfb982b6cf3438d911bdb3562e2b85e.jpg

96GT226410

Established Member
Installed Gen Tex rear view mirrors in all the cars. Got 2 different models; 453 and 458. One version has a compass the other doesn’t. Both models have auto dimming and homelink.

Cobra’s didn’t get the compass model, I put that in the daily SVTF.

It’s a simple mod. 2 power wires and a ground. It calls for remote power, constant power, and ground. With the constant power hooked up it allows the homelink to work at all times. I wasn’t comfortable with this since the DD is parked in the driveway. I didn’t like the idea that if someone broke into my car they could gain access to my garage/house. I figured the constant power was needed to remember the programming, so I tested it on the bench.

Used alligator clips to connect the mirror pigtail to a battery. Programmed and tested the mirror. Disconnected from the power source and let it sit on the bench for a week.

When I installed it with only remote power a week later I found it was still programmed. I spliced both the remote and constant wires on the mirror pigtail to a remote source from the car. The homelink only works with a key in the ignition when wired this way.

Below is the original mirror and a Gen Tex without the compassView attachment 1498736

The SVTF was a 5 minute install since there’s power and ground for the sunroof View attachment 1498737

That's awesome. I've been wanting to install an auto dim with a compass and possibly an outside temp all in one rear view mirror.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
Personally I really like the mistic over the roush. That being said, what turned me off to buying one was the cost of the paint. When it was available ( not sure it still is ), it was ridiculously expensive, something like $600+ for like a small can just to do a fender. Anyhow, I do regret not getting one despite the paint cost. Your cobra looks good except, for the seats, (they don't come close to matching the rest of the interior ).
You will love the MM grip kit! Best mod ever!!

Ditto on the MM grip kit!!!

Users who are viewing this thread