SN95 Part Availability?

seth.karsten

Hi Everyone, I'm very excited to be joining the community (hopefully). I am in the process of purchasing this Crystal White 1996 Cobra , however I just got off the phone with the local Ford dealer, to schedule a PPI, and they are telling me that they will do the inspection but they will not be able to help with any possible repairs because the parts are now "obsolete." Now I wouldn't necessarily have the dealership work on this vehicle, but it got me wondering:

Do y'all have any difficulty finding replacement parts for your SN95?

What are your best resources when it comes to parts?

Anyone know a good shop in Los Angeles?

Thanks in advance!

Chip Schweiss

Established Member
Congrats! Nice looking Cobra.

The salvage yard is your friend. There are lots of SN95s in the yards now.

There's a fair amount of aftermarket parts when it comes to the drive train. Cobra-specific parts can be hard to find. I do find some NOS parts periodically on fleaBay.

Tillerman77

Established Member
Congratulations (if you get it)!
My experience with my 97 Cobra has been that you often need lead time to get parts for them. That said, I have been able to get a variety of parts that were needed for repairs or upgrades over the past 5 years of owning the car.
As information, my local Ford dealer actually does most of the work on this car and has done excellent work. You dealer is correct that there are very few factory parts for a car that old.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
No not really. These cars (mustangs) are pretty plentiful for most parts and options. The aftermarket is still huge as well.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
you might not be able to get it in a Ford parts box but you can get pretty much anything you need to keep it running

crazycarlo

Established Member
It sucks man. That’s one reason I got rid of my cobra before. And it’s a reason have my fox for sale now. But enjoy the car they are great.

Users who are viewing this thread