Smoking Issues

StewartJ23

Established Member
Hey guys, a couple months back I hit a deer with my 03' cobra. I replaced the hoses, radiator, heat exchanger, and power steering cooler myself then got the body work done. It ran well for the past month and a half. Well today i was driving it and it started smoking white smoke from under the hood, when I looked the overflow tank was empty. I looked under the car and it looked like maybe a small leak from one of the hoses. After putting it on the lift and putting a new clamp where I though the leak was I filled the overflow tank back to the line and started it up. When going down the road it started to smoke worse than before. When I got back I went to take the cap off the overflow tank and coolant spewed everywhere, after about 15 minutes and letting some spew out I was able to take it off and it be right at the line again. I have no idea whats going on, any ideas? The temp gauge, the oil temp gauge all read normal. Please help!

StewartJ23

Established Member
Is it possible at all that to much coolant was in the system and the smoke was just from where it was spewing out on the engine? I was thinking about starting it tomorrow and just letting it idle for a while to see what it does, any ideas?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Make sure all air is purged from the system.
Make sure no leaks are on the ground, and the tank is not losing coolant levels.
Make sure the water pump and thermostat are in proper working order.
Check the oil, make sure it's not milky.

Users who are viewing this thread