Smoking Cobra

SVTNICK

Established Member
Fellow Cobra owners
I have a problem..Ive noticed if my CObra sits for more then 3 days, it smokes on startup.

Is this normal? Or is this valve problems? Car has only 11000 miles. I aint happy....again.

-Nick

SlvrSnke01

Established Member
Nick -

Is the smoke a blue/whitish color? My does this as well, usually happens when I run the card hard, let it sit for 24 hours, and then start it up. The car smokes for a split second though.

I think 5W-20 is the cause for the smoking. I would worry when you start to see this smoke during acceleration through the gears.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
YES, mine also.. Not always, but when I start the car I get a puff of blue smoke ,and its a quick small ring like. I believe its the valve seals leaking allittle at a different location at rest (up or down).:gt: Man they don't build'em like they used to.:cryying:

O, i have 13k miles

Last edited:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I forgot. I know of someone with a 01 cobra that blows smoke really bad. His been to Ford and they change the valve gides/ and or seals. His problem is still bad. Now their thinking its the rings. F-en SVT. Stupid Vechile Team.:??:

Last edited:

SVTNICK

Established Member
I just got back from Vegas.. Thanks for the replies. I have not started her up again yet for the last 7 days. Im going to set up my video camera and tape it...then send it in to SVT.....that is if she smokes again on startup. Well..ill send it to SVT and Ford Management.....im pissed..and i want my money back. I still bleed blue..but enough already..

-Nick

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTNICK
I just got back from Vegas.. Thanks for the replies. I have not started her up again yet for the last 7 days. Im going to set up my video camera and tape it...then send it in to SVT.....that is if she smokes again on startup. Well..ill send it to SVT and Ford Management.....im pissed..and i want my money back. I still bleed blue..but enough already..

-Nick

I've thought about making a vid of mine at start-up as well. It doesn't do it EVERY time, but when it does, I get a small plume of blueish smoke. I remember asking/posting about this in the SVTOA forums a few months ago & there was a solid dozen or so posters who indicated their Cobra smoked a tad at start-up. It has smoked with 5w-20 as well as with the current 5w-30 Mobil 1 I use in it, so I don't think it is the oil....

So far, oil consumption has been appropriate, given my driving characteristics, so I'm not going to take it in; at least not anytime soon. If I ever do, I'll be sure to post about the findings.

Mike89lx

Mine does this too!! but not every time.

My engine builder(who is building my 418w) said not too worry.

Mike89lx,01Cobra

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
My 1999 Cobra Convertible smokes a bit as well. Only at start up and usually following a spell of sitting for a few days. Sounds like an epidemic....:xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread