smoked a camaro rs

TOPH R

in the neon

he pulled up next to me at a light and he was all laughing at me and stuff
revved his engine I think just in jest

I rolled back to see what kind it was, rs, with dual exhaust?
didnt think they had that
obviously he had some loud ass aftermarket mufflers on there

so i revved to 3k
just to see his reaction

moron then STANDS on his gas pedal for about 4 seconds
long enought to bang the rev limiter liek the moron he is

i rev to 3k again, and smile my smartass smile

light turns green, I get excited and laucnh at 3000, wheelspin all over
come off the gas
step on it again and get going
he got a good launch(damn all u rwd's)
but I pulled back to him in first, I peel into 2nd and he catches my rear bumper, tires hook back up and I pull 2 lengeths on him, chirp third and pull another, shut down at 120km's/h

he goes to pull a riceboy(wheatboy) flyby on me, and I go down to 3rd and get him again, and pass him in 4th, throw on the 4 ways

hehe
go to right lane and slow the hell down, as we are on a major street
he pulls up next to me at the lights and demands to see my bottle, cuz I must be squeezing
I laugh a bit, but hes serious
so I grab my dyno sheet from the passenger seat storage deelie and hand it to him
hes like, only 150 horse, I have 190
I'm like, at the wheels, fool!!!!!!
u only have 190 at the crank

hes like
whats the diff
I take my dyno sheet and drive off laughing

silly gm boys

hahahaha

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
SWEET KILL!!
put those camaro dorks in their place. he must of drove him with his head down. how do you tell someone you were killed by a neon?

00SS

Established Member
You don't!! :D (tell anyone) yeah, those damn camaro dorks he he
at least you messed with the right badge :D

DJANIMATE

Established Member
Good kill. That's what he deserves for trying to pick on a neon (no offense), around here people only seem to race what they think they can beat badly. That's one of the joys of owning a Lightning, a lot of people don't know what it is, they're like "Time to smoke this lowered pickup" - Wrong.

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm glad somebody finally put someone driving an RS in their place. Every jack ass around here in an RS thinks their driving a vette or something. Those GM boys just aren't right. LAst week my cousing drivin' his 86 Aeorstar, I was with him, killed a new monte carlo (not SS). the look on that guys face was priceless.....
Good kill

95COBRA1

Established Member
hell, that doesn't suprise me about the monte ss. depending on if it was an old one or not, those 305's only had 185 horse and they were heavy as hell.
Now on the kill, that was a nice kill, but I guess that you could tell by the exhaust that it was a v6 because in 93 I think it was for the anniversary editions, you could get the 350 in those. The only reason that I know that is that my wife wanted one before I converted her and got her a 2000 GT!
Great kill though.;)

wheelspin

Established Member
Actually I believe the Monte SS were only 155 HP. I smoked one in a Sunbird Turbo Automatic once. Got a hell of a laugh about that. And the Sunturd was a pile too!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
When I was shopping for a '86 SVO, I drove an IROC-Z with the 305 TPI A4. It had 200HP and the fastest Camaro available was the IROC with a 190HP 305 four barrel, five speed (the TPI wasn't available with a stick). There weren't many available, because most of those motors were going into the Monte Carlo SS (the big blocky one). I think they put that motor in for only a couple of years (maybe '85-88) and were only available with an automatic.:confused: GM, go figure...

Just my $.02 on the subject of Montes.

Last edited:

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
I used to own one of those Montecar"slows" And all I can say is that it had the 180hp 305cid. Boy was it slow I used to get hammered by stock 1986 5.0's all the time.so what did I do? I (being a foolish young lad) moved to an 87 "Cowrock Z" then I would get dusted by even more 5.0's.
So the moral of this story boys and girls is: Don't ever buy the Generals crap even if they draw you in w/ stripes, or big letters on the doors.....lol....Iroc-Z......lol.......

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
2001SVTMAN,

Was your '87 IROC a 305 or 350? I loved the fact that the General STILL didn't have a manual transmission that could handle the 350 (for the Firebird/Camaro) and the '87-up 5.0s continued to spank them until 1993.

Sidebar, I had a guy in a 19-87/88/89 T/A GTA (with the oh-so-powerful 245HP 350) want a piece of me in my Cobra. He must have mistaken me for a '98 GT...key word...mistake :D

Users who are viewing this thread