SMOG HELP!!!!! 03 Cobra

mytjojo

Established Member
Very curious to see how it goes for you. When’s your appointment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am waiting for my Stock 39lbs fuel injectors to show up. Once I have them installed I have to drive until the monitors clear up. Hopefully that wont take long. Once that is done its off to the ref

josephcostello

Established Member
I am waiting for my Stock 39lbs fuel injectors to show up. Once I have them installed I have to drive until the monitors clear up. Hopefully that wont take long. Once that is done its off to the ref
Curious as to how it goes, as I said in a previous post make sure you understand the difference between an aftermarket replacement part vs aftermarket modified part. The ladder requiring an EO number. Sounds like the car has everything it needs to pass.

mytjojo

Established Member
Curious as to how it goes, as I said in a previous post make sure you understand the difference between an aftermarket replacement part vs aftermarket modified part. The ladder requiring an EO number. Sounds like the car has everything it needs to pass.
I hope so. I will let you know how it goes. This has been a monumental pain in the ass for me

mytjojo

Established Member
Oh HAPPY DAYS HAPPY DAYS!! I passed with flying colors. I feel like all the weight has been lifted from my shoulders . Almost got busted for my mid pipes because they were so scratched up they couldn't get the numbers off of the back 2 cats but then realized it was all one piece and let it go

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Oh HAPPY DAYS HAPPY DAYS!! I passed with flying colors. I feel like all the weight has been lifted from my shoulders . Almost got busted for my mid pipes because they were so scratched up they couldn't get the numbers off of the back 2 cats but then realized it was all one piece and let it go

Now what lol

mytjojo

Established Member
Now what lol
HA!!.. I sleep for a week Then figure out how to put everything back and still pass. Honestly, I think I'm going to leave it be for at least another year, This was on off cycle smog for me so my regular smog check is next July

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I have thought about it but worry if I get pulled over with a CA DL

i got pulled over with KY plates on my 03, with my CA DL, insurance and registration. even got a fix ticket once. went to the courthouse and just paid $100 and they dismissed it lol. i never did register that car here. drove it for like 5 years and then sold it to someone out of state.

mytjojo

Established Member
Well, in California, come 2035 you wont be able to purchase a new car without it being electric. All dealers in California, by state law, will not be allowed to sell an internal combustion car past the year 2035

mytjojo

Established Member
let's revisit that in 10 years and see if it's still a thing. somehow i doubt it.
First off GO BRONCOS!!! Yeah we shall see how that goes. we can't even support the Infrastructure we have now for the relatively small amount of EV's on the road currently

oscarigz

Established Member
Update,
I have installed a set of used Maganaflow mid pipes, Changed my lower and upper pullies back to the stock sizes, had Ford flash tune my ECU back to stock and now I just need to install the stock 39lb fuel injectors. Once that's done its off to the ref. I sure hope i don't have to do this every 2 years from now on
Glad to read you passed your state ref. About to do smog as well and require car to be tuned back to stock from Ford since I lost my original backup. Do you remember ballpark how much ECU reflash cost you?

Users who are viewing this thread