Small issue with Dragon TB

Stalker27

Established Member
Aight I slapped this bad bitch on along with matching plenum and with the JLT highboost intake.

Problem is I have a very stiff gas pedal. As if something is behind it and won't let me press the pedal down smoothly and when it finally breaks over it's violent and car squats and lunges forwRd hard. Making me look like I can't drive my car lol Now I can cure this by screwing the throttle stop in but then I get a high idle. A touch past 1k

To lower my idle I have to screw the throttle stop screw back in but then I get the stiff pedal back

Question: Should I take tb off and lightly sand the bottom of the blade? It feels like when I have it adjusted more in than out it's like the plate slams shut and creates a major vaccum making it hard to open up

any advice?

346CamaroSS

Established Member
You NEED to follow these steps below. I've read and was told not to touch the set screw. After trying to leave the TB alone and break it in just putting miles on it, was just NOT working. I don't care what ANYBODY says, the below instructions have made my TB feel and drive 100x better. No more sticky throttle, the car idles under 1k, and doesn't hang any more. The ONLY issue I currently have is once the TB gets hot the blade will not go all the way against the set screw. Still trying to mess with it.

Follow these steps and it will idle fine and you wont have a sticky
throttle......

1) install TB and plenum
2) rotate the TPS CW(opposite throttle movement) then snug the screws
3) plug IAC in (DO NOT SCREW IT ON, LEAVE IT OFF)
4) duct tape over the IAC holes on the plenum
5) have someone start the car(DO NOT TOUCH THE GAS PEDLE) if it won't
start, turn the butter fly stop screw in a bit, try to start
again(repeat till running)
6) adjust the stop screw till you get the idle to 700-750RPM
7) let the car idle for 5-10 min's
8) turn car off
9) remove duct tape, install IAC
10) turn key to "on position" (do not start car)
11) set TPS to about .98V, tighten the TPS
12) start car(DO NOT TOUCH THE GAS !!!!!!!!)
13) just let the car idle, let the computer "LEARN" for 10min's
14) turn car off
15) done

Last edited:

Stalker27

Established Member
I went exactly by those directions already but I'll try it again. My problem is adjusting tje set screw all the way down to bring tje idle down that far I'll barely be able to even push the gas pedal.

Forgot to mention it's also thrown a chech engine light. Idle Air Speed higher than expected but DAMN this bassani exhaust sounds sweet idling at 1k

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Get it to where it's barely not sticking and then let the car learn to idle low again. It might take a couple hundred miles but it will calm down.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
I went exactly by those directions already but I'll try it again. My problem is adjusting tje set screw all the way down to bring tje idle down that far I'll barely be able to even push the gas pedal.

Forgot to mention it's also thrown a chech engine light. Idle Air Speed higher than expected but DAMN this bassani exhaust sounds sweet idling at 1k

Mine threw that code as well. How many miles have you put on it?

Stalker27

Established Member
Thanx for helping out guys. Yesterday I went ahead and did the idle reset again and I noticed how much slack I had in the throttle cable. Had to be at least 3". So today I got under there and did a gas pedal mod tightening up the slack. I don't know if this is a coincidence but the hard to push gas pedal is gone!!!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Slack can be taken up by bending the Eaton's throttle bracket towards the drivers side of the car (I might be thinking backwards but you'll see it) or putting a spacer in there between the bracket and the Eaton's tab that has the hole in it.

Stalker27

Established Member
Well apperently I did it the hard way lol. My big ass wedged myself between the floor of the car and the seat and pulled the gas pedal toward me revealing the slack. Then used used some left over hard hose. I cut the hose so I could wrap over the line then took three big zip ties and zip tied it on. One up front, middle, & back. It worked great for me. Still idles at 1k but I'm fine with that. Only problem is I have to clear that code every day lol. Still loving how this Bassani sounds at idle & thank GOD that sticky gas pedal is gone!!

346CamaroSS

Established Member
I'm getting frustrated with mine. My stock inlet fell of TWICE yesterday during a 40 min drive, and i'm still getting a sticky throttle when the car gets hot. I'm getting ready to throw the stocker back on.

Stalker27

Established Member
^How many miles are on the car now?

Not many, if 200miles but I bought used and guy said supposedly had 1k miles on throttle body. The hard to push pedal is absolutely gone now with the pedal mod. I could probaby try turning the throttle stop screw out some to see if it would lower the idle but worried if I do that the sticky pedal might come back so I'll leave it be. 1k idle isn't that bad to me

Users who are viewing this thread