SLP Loudmouth vs Bassani CatBack?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I currently have a Bassani on my car but someone is selling a SLP Loudmouth(I think but will double check) for pretty short money.

I have heard the SLP on the internet and thought it sounded pretty good.

Bassani are fine but looking for a new sound.

Any one have both and can give me a real world answer?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Disconnect the cat back and drive the car. That'll give you an idea about how the Loudmouth will sound. I've never been a fan.

Geno-04

Established Member
I have had both....my opinion would be stay far away from SLP LM1. Although I did hear LM2 (only on videos) and they didn't seem bad.

A_Law

Established Member
I have a Loud Mouth 2 which is the quieter of the SLP catbacks, with an offroad Bassani X. It's not stupid loud like the Loud Mouth 1. I get compliments on the sound all the time when I'm out driving.

jacker1991

Established Member
I ran SLP 1s over 2 years, in my DD. They are extremely loud (loudest I've ever heard), what some people might call obnoxious. I enjoyed them a lot but changed to magna-packs to get a more "controlled" sound and less pops coming out of my exhaust. You won't know if you like it until you put them on. My only warning is that they are once again "extremely ****ing loud".

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Really depends on the midpipe. I have SLP LM1's with LT's and a Mac Prochamber. The Prochamber takes the edge off the "straight pipe" sound and I get compliments all the time on the exhaust as it sounds very mean. It's still VERY loud, just not RIDICULOUS loud. If you have an o/r h or x-pipe, don't go with the LM1's. If you are running a catted midpipe or Prochamber then go for it, you will like the sound.

It's not my DD but if I had to drive the car everyday, I definitely would want LM2's or Magnapacks just to tone it down a little more.

Last edited:

SLPCobra

Established Member
I like my lm1's like everyone said before though is they're crazy Loud haha. I thing the long tubes help cure some rasp or something. After 2.5krpm it does start getting raspy though. I've gotten used to it though and get lots of compliments on it actually ha. I've heard them with stock manifolds and wasn't a fan they seemed always raspy then.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Maybe I'm getting too old but I think my car with a Bassani O/R X and Magnaflows is almost too loud. Good thing I hardly ever drive it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread