slp loud mouth vs cherry bomb

tnk925

Established Member
what is the difference between slp loud mouth vs cherry bomb and pypes m-80?

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
I dont really have any experience with any of those mufflers but I know my previous exhaust setup that consisted of the stock H-pipe with no mufflers sounded alot like a glass pack or cherry bomb type of straight thru muffler. I could be wrong but thats what it reminded me of. This is a old video of it.

th_043.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The loud mouth is just straight pipes. I've heard it on a couple different cars and didn't like it at all.

MAURI21

Established Member
what is the difference between slp loud mouth vs cherry bomb and pypes m-80?

My car came with Cherry bombs and i'm really considering changin to something different.. I used to have a Mac O/R Hpipe and Flow's 2 chamber.. so when I heard this setup just wasnt pleased with it.. to calm for my taste

Badasssapper67

Established Member
I had cherry bombs on my '68 GT Torino (with a 390FE engine). It sounded awesome becuase I was young. When I pulled into the parking lot late for church, The windows would rattle so bad it drowned out the sermon.

tnk925

Established Member
I had cherry bombs on my '68 GT Torino (with a 390FE engine). It sounded awesome becuase I was young. When I pulled into the parking lot late for church, The windows would rattle so bad it drowned out the sermon.

hahahaha wow thats crazy

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
to answer your question ;-) in terms of tone, not all that much. I had cherry bombs on my 01 (o/r X) for about a month while I got my stingers. interior drone was horrendous, but they screamed when you got on it, lol. Actually was kinda cool the first couple times, then it was annoying. Same thing with LM I's, very loud at throttle, interior drone is pretty bad. If the drone wasn't so bad I wouldn't mind them. they sound about as pissed off as an exhaust can sound.

Quality wise, the SLPs are stainless steel, where the cherry bombs are just steel painted red. I didn't drive around all that much but the red paint did not burn off in that time. The cherry bomb extreme I have on my truck on the other hand...that paint burned off in a few thousand miles.

swt99svt

Established Member
Bassani O/X and SLP LM 1 here... It screams but like others have said, the drone at 2.5-3k can be tough on the ears... Especially in a 'vert. I'm going to slap the cats into the system just to tone it down.

Mystic03

Established Member
Bassani O/X and SLP LM 1 here... It screams but like others have said, the drone at 2.5-3k can be tough on the ears... Especially in a 'vert. I'm going to slap the cats into the system just to tone it down.

along with the incredibly awful rasp...thus why i changed to a prochamber bye bye rasp

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
The Loudmouths are just empty cans. No packing in them at all. The Loudmouth 2s have stainless packing in them. They are similar to a glass pack, but use stainless instead of fiberglass. I have been running the LM2s with long tubes an an o/r x for quite some time now. Even the chevy and import guys say my car sounds mean.

Users who are viewing this thread