Slave cylinder to clutch line disconnect

benzopyrene

Established Member
Hey guys having a problem trying to get the quick disconnect to fit my new slave cylinder. Doing a tremec magnum xl conversion. On the last bit of it, and cant get the damn disconnect to fit into the new slave cylinder. I have pushed, I have leveraged I have hammered.....want to know if anybody has any advice. I took it down and tried sticking it on my old slave cylinder and it pops right in, but not in the new one. Spent almost an hour tonight trying to get it. Almost to the point now where Im considering dropping the tranny again just to get to the slave cylinder. F-ing slave cylinder has been giving me problems since I started this install. Anyway, any tips would be greatly appreciated. Does anybody know where I can get a new quick disconnect elbow? Thought I would get on with my new clutch line but it didnt come with one. Cheers!

DrTriton

Established Member
I had trouble re-installing mine, brake fluid was pouring out and running down my arm - had to run and take a shower, my pit was on fire :cryying:

It needs to go in straight but it's difficult to tell when you are laying on your back or looking at it from below.

Dumb question but have you removed the clear plastic shipping cap from the end of the connector on the slave?

If you need a new elbow you may have to order another one from the dealer...not sure it is a separate item.

Take your time and don't force it.

Users who are viewing this thread