"Slamming" cobra questions

ImRambo

Established Member
Cant seem to find any answers so thought Id come to you guys. Working my best to have a functional stance. Im currently running 18x9.5/11s with 265/35s/ 315/30s. I was running HR race springs coil and half cut off no isos (in front). I rubbed like a mofo and the car handled like crap. Im converting to coilovers w/ new struts, bumpstops. I cut out my inner lips and smoothed them so I can run a more street friendly camber without rubbing. I removed the springs and bolted everything back up to see where the clearance is at full travel. And its bottomed out.. Im so suprised this is all the stock struts will allow. I removed the 1" bumpstop and I didnt get much more travel out of it. I guess my old static ride height I must of been sittin on bumpstops.. In the mack up I have no rubbing/clearance issues besides the struts not allowing more travel. Where can we buy struts that allow more travel? And no I will not ride this low static but I want to ensure I wont be rubbing when Im nose diving from 80 into a corner.

Completely bottomed out with 1" bumpstops removed

DSC_0027 by performancered, on Flickr
DSC_0044 by performancered, on Flickr

DSC_0049 by performancered, on Flickr

DSC_0051 by performancered, on Flickr

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Uhhh how were you running bumpstops with Bilsteins? What brand coilover kit, struts, spring length and weight and what CC plates.?

Edit: I see you didn't have springs in at the time. Some CC plates will allow a little more travel make sure you have the CC spacers right. Some guys have had luck with fox struts think the mounting ears are a little different positron vertically.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
If you want to be able to drive the car that low just spend the money and get the AirRide suspension system. It will allow you instant height adjustment.
And the ride will be the same up high and down low. Costly though.

ricafortegio

a306juGRnot
Established Member
if you want more travel without raising the ride height, look into drop spindles. they should have a set for 94-04 mustangs. i just dont know what site. google my friend

Det_riot

Established Member
Race craft or TeamZ drop spindles, take your pick, 600 a pop. I'd go foxbody struts with a hard spring rate all around. If the springs don't compress much, you won't rub.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I hope I'm not reading that correctly, but you cut 1.5 coils from a progressive rate spring AND removed the isolators in hopes that would be a legit setup?

hoamskilet

Established Member
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Users who are viewing this thread