Slammed the vert

Maynerd

Established Member
Hey guys!!!! So took a coil off of each spring and left the ISO’s in place. Front is perfect. The back is crazy low… not sure what happened… looks good though. But the pro chamber grinds on everything. I would imagine the tires are going to rub the second I hit a significant bump as well.. I’m not sure what to do now. Just say screw it and buy some lowering springs???

IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1064.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

robvas

Established Member
Should have went a half a coil! I did a whole coil and learned that the hard way. Eibach Sportlines will get you about that low with no isolators. But like you said you're going to scrape on large bumps and transitions. They are stiffer so they ride rough as well.

Maynerd

Established Member
Should have went a half a coil! I did a whole coil and learned that the hard way. Eibach Sportlines will get you about that low with no isolators. But like you said you're going to scrape on large bumps and transitions. They are stiffer so they ride rough as well.

Lol. Hindsight is always 20/20. Definitely should have only taken half a coil. But I’ve seen so many people on here take a full coil and it looks fantastic. So I figured I would do the same. It worked great for the front. The back just turned out crazy low. Definitely don’t know if it is going to be able to be driven like this. I took it for a short drive around town and tried to hit some bumps. The exhaust scraped when I would drive in the center of the road lol.

Maynerd

Established Member
I think I may try to throw some MM ISO’s in the back. Hopefully that will give me enough of a boost to sit the way I want it to

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03' White Snake

Established Member
You can clock the rear springs in the perches. Might gain a little height back. Put the end of the coil toward the inside of the car. You will see lines on the lower control arm, this helps you set them the same.

Maynerd

Established Member
You can clock the rear springs in the perches. Might gain a little height back. Put the end of the coil toward the inside of the car. You will see lines on the lower control arm, this helps you set them the same.

Will definitely check this. The fronts are easy, but I did not keep track of where the springs were sitting before I ripped them out

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
iu

Here ya go! LOL! Hell, I remember back in the day using these silly spacers to lift my front end. Can't tell you how many popped out whenever I hit a good bump.

You could buy a used set of factory rear springs and remove just 1/2 coil. It would be cheaper than buying a set of lowering springs. Plus, the front height is perfect. Just a thought.

Maynerd

Established Member
iu

Here ya go! LOL! Hell, I remember back in the day using these silly spacers to lift my front end. Can't tell you how many popped out whenever I hit a good bump.

You could buy a used set of factory rear springs and remove just 1/2 coil. It would be cheaper than buying a set of lowering springs. Plus, the front height is perfect. Just a thought.

Very good thought. Not the easiest thing to find though

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Correct. And accessing it from the computer is no problem, but for some reason when you are using the app it is no where to be found

Parent Directory == "SVTPerformance's Chain of Restaurants"

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

44shelby

Established Member
id be curious to know what the hell actually happened. i never seen a full coil cut off lower one that much in the rear. id try the mm isolators combined with clocking the spring to see if you can get it back right.

i have a set of stock springs im about to cut this week and i sure as hell hope the rear dont end up like that.

Maynerd

Established Member
id be curious to know what the hell actually happened. i never seen a full coil cut off lower one that much in the rear. id try the mm isolators combined with clocking the spring to see if you can get it back right.

i have a set of stock springs im about to cut this week and i sure as hell hope the rear dont end up like that.

I am very curious as well. They were not cut prior… but I mean I cut one coil and it lowered it like 4 inches. Imagine the look on my face while lowering the hoist and it kept going down and down and down and down . So I’m going to throw the mm ISO’s on top and bottom. I would think that should give me 1/2-3/4 maybe even an inch boost and that should be perfect

44shelby

Established Member
I am very curious as well. They were not cut prior… but I mean I cut one coil and it lowered it like 4 inches. Imagine the look on my face while lowering the hoist and it kept going down and down and down and down . So I’m going to throw the mm ISO’s on top and bottom. I would think that should give me 1/2-3/4 maybe even an inch boost and that should be perfect

i wonder if it has anything to do with it being a vert? do you have a large speaker box in the rear by chance ?

Users who are viewing this thread