Slagburn's car running low 9's in Colorado

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
After running an 8.87 and an 8.90 at sea level He brought his car back to Denver on the same settings and this was the result. Not a bad way to end the season.

[youtube_browser]D1JL9gRvy3Y[/youtube_browser]

Bud

Established Member
Gotta love 1k+ HP, 8 second cars that rock the stock pirellis daily for that good MPG :)

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
There is one more tentative date at the end of the month I may run the car. Not sure if they're even going to allow 1/4 passes as it'll probably be really cold. But if they do, and it's not snowing, I have a little something something in mind that may net an 8 up here.. :D

Block is not sleeved, the car is tuned with hptuners. 04compgt has been helping me with it.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
This cannot be real.:eek: Everybody knows ON3 kits cannot go this fast without taking off the front fenders, bending and twisting engine parts, and stretching the chassis 4 extra feet ...........according to interwebz. :D LOL!!!

Car is moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooving out slagburn!!! Love it!:rockon:

04compgt

Established Member
I have 6,000 miles on my gates and daily drive my car, Jon probably has more miles and passes than me on his. To say they are a ticking time bomb is just a false statement.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
OP... is the motor built? Are you running the 60mm turbos that come with the kit? How much boost?

Congrats... great runs!!

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Nice!! 153mph, isn't that the same trap speed you had at sea level?

How are the AIT's with the ON3 intercooler?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Nice!! 153mph, isn't that the same trap speed you had at sea level?

How are the AIT's with the ON3 intercooler?

It went 157.7 in Bowling Green.
The 8.86 pass the converter wasn't locking hard, which I have since fixed in the tune, hence the low mph.
The IAT's never went over 138 in BG, up here I will see around 170 on the same boost. Yet another reason altitude sucks!

96lasersvt

Established Member
I know the shortblock is built, but what about the h/c/i. Are they stock or something else. Sorry if i missed it. Thanks. Car rocks btw, actually has me considering this kit is why i ask.

Users who are viewing this thread