Sketchy 03 cobra history. Hawaii drag car?

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
23B490DF-7ED5-4DF7-A5E1-C03214E95263.jpeg I’m not sure this is the one ? I don’t remember the black hood ?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Outstanding background info on the car!

So it was indeed a drag racer.....not really shocking at all considering the mod list. Post up some current pics of how she looks today! Enjoy the new ride.

Caden807

I’ll be back
Established Member
63A1EB15-F1DD-48DC-9030-23C8D314BA6A.jpeg
6DBC52D1-F513-483F-B7ED-0F0B2AAD8541.jpeg
641A7CC0-F0F4-4CF9-8B36-4043C2E0B74A.jpeg
3AE7F9CA-82FC-44DB-B01D-803FD7F89D4A.jpeg
Here are some decent pics. Feel like I should share since you guys have been asking and just for reference to the older pics. I will post another thread with more pics/vids of the car here soon. I will also post on here the sales add I found for the car. Has some interesting info that I was not told (mod list) also, thought you may have remembered this battery cut off haha!

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
You can go on Maui raceway park website and look for more pictures ,
I found these during the 2007 season pictures I think . That car has had a lot of money and professional build put into that motor and was a treat to see it run , it wasn’t dragged at all much because they had to ship it to Maui to race it , a costly trip shipping a vehicle island to island , I’m sure that car was very well cared for,

Caden807

I’ll be back
Established Member
You can go on Maui raceway park website and look for more pictures ,
I found these during the 2007 season pictures I think . That car has had a lot of money and professional build put into that motor and was a treat to see it run , it wasn’t dragged at all much because they had to ship it to Maui to race it , a costly trip shipping a vehicle island to island , I’m sure that car was very well cared for,
Thank you, am about to go look and see what I can find. The add I saw posted was for 2014, but mentions an mmr block the previous owner never said anything about. There was 1 owner between them, I’m thinking maybe the info was left out? Probably a long shot but do you remember any talk about a built motor? Also do you remember about what time it stopped showing up to race?

Caden807

I’ll be back
Established Member
You are indeed a fortunate one to have gotten your hands on that car ,
Congrats
Thank you for all the kind words and for all of your help. Totally in love with the car and was going to keep forever because it is my first terminator. This makes it even cooler to me. Looks like you guys take pics of all cars in the staging lanes, very cool!

Caden807

I’ll be back
Established Member
Also I think people were taking a lot of their modular stuff to a guy named nakaz, do you remember that name?

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
There is also a ford rally every year in Oahu at one of the ford dealers , I’m sure if you did some searching you could find that rally and more pictures of that car , it was a one of a kind here ,

Caden807

I’ll be back
Established Member
There is also a ford rally every year in Oahu at one of the ford dealers , I’m sure if you did some searching you could find that rally and more pictures of that car , it was a one of a kind here ,
Sounds good, will do some digging on that as well. Unfortunately I believe “Allen” (nakaz) has moved off of the islands entirely now from what I have seen. Once again, thank you for all of you help, insight and information. This means a lot to me and in very glad I could find out some more history.

Caden807

I’ll be back
Established Member
Don’t mean to bother anymore, but forgot to ask earlier. Did you hear or see of any accidents with the car? Was wondering about you asking to check for replacement parts.

Last edited:

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
@Caden807 - Skimmed your thread. This is pretty rad. I just wanted to hop in & mention you might want to get on a paint correction detail on the cobra. I’m not 100% if you said how long it’s been over and/whose had it but regardless it’s something to add to the list. If it’s spent time island hopping (which it has) its had some volcanic ash/sulfur on its paint at some point unless it’s been done since state side. Congratulations on the purchase.

Caden807

I’ll be back
Established Member
@Caden807 - Skimmed your thread. This is pretty rad. I just wanted to hop in & mention you might want to get on a paint correction detail on the cobra. I’m not 100% if you said how long it’s been over and/whose had it but regardless it’s something to add to the list. If it’s spent time island hopping (which it has) its had some volcanic ash/sulfur on its paint at some point unless it’s been done since state side. Congratulations on the purchase.
Yes sir, thank you for the advice. Knew the sun must be killer over there, but didn’t know about that. At some point the roof and passenger sail panel we’re painted more of a screaming color, idk how or why. (Was not in my possession then) that is probably what caused that needing to be repainted. I don’t think any paint has been done here except for unfortunately the carbon hood which is cracking. So yes that will be the next step after this virus.. has some chips and such all around that need gone, makes me sad looking at them! Once again thank you for the tips and new knowledge.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Sounds like it might be @Caden807? I couldn’t say for fact. But happy to hear it’s on your list ;) I’m a bit of a detailing nerd. The volcanic ash particles typically don’t cause visual scratches to our naked eyes, least not short-term. It does over time affect the structural layers of your paints clear coat and subsequent layers underneath that. Over time, volcanic ash (made up of Fibers) are microscopic knifes which causes micro-holes, leading to paint fade, peeling, and chipping.

Caden807

I’ll be back
Established Member
Sounds like it might be @Caden807? I couldn’t say for fact. But happy to hear it’s on your list ;) I’m a bit of a detailing nerd. The volcanic ash particles typically don’t cause visual scratches to our naked eyes, least not short-term. It does over time affect the structural layers of your paints clear coat and subsequent layers underneath that. Over time, volcanic ash (made up of Fibers) are microscopic knifes which causes micro-holes, leading to paint fade, peeling, and chipping.
For sure! Hoping to return to her former glory. And very cool, sounds like the ash kinda sticks in the paint and let’s other particles/water get past the clear coat? will make sure to let the detailer/paint shop know about this before hand. Thank you once again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread