Single Turbo

kyle67camaro

Established Member
So I have a 04 cobra and I am really interested in doing a turbo setup, but I am just wondering if one they have come out with a big single turbo kit like a 88mm and two if you could do a comp set up like the hellion twin turbo kit with the supercharger left on but just do a single turbo with it. That way you would not have to worry about the turbo lag from the bigger turbo and it seems like it would be a little cheaper and less things to break as well. Well any help would be great and I know I dont know much about the whole turbo thing but I would love to learn, THanks Kyle

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
i know hellion use to have an option to upgrade turbos. dont know if they do anymore. Jason would know more about it.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
There is a guy on here who did a compound setup using a single turbo. I forget his name though, but I'm sure someone here will remember.

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
Yes has a kit where you can upgrade the turbo size. There are 2 guys local to me that upgraded to the 91mm turbo.....both cars are effin sick

TRBO VNM

hellion doesn't really offer the 88mm kit anymore. they can get larger turbos and the flanges to make it work, but then you would have to figure out what to do about a downpipe. turbonetics does not offer larger than 76mm turbo's that are still t4 flange. I think a 78 is the largest, but they may have an 80. I personally would not do anything larger than the 76 if you are on the stock motor and manual tranny.

anything larger and you are talking about a lot more lag and less power band. now, if you are talking about spooling it with nitrous, that is a different story.

also, with a single compound setup like digital did, that will be a custom kit and imo, I do not think the setup is very efficient with no intercooler for the turbo. people are seeing heatsoak with just a TS and the stock intercooler setup. adding more hot air won't help.

kyle67camaro

Established Member
The motor will be fully built but I will still be running the manu trans and so do you think a 76 will get me some good numbers and do you think the price difference from the single to the twin is worth it. Honestly I am hoping to get over 1000RWHP

03cobrarocks

Established Member
It would have to be an act from God for a car to make close to or more than 1000rwhp with a single t76 from what I have seen...

Users who are viewing this thread