single turbo cars

Eric@jpc

Established Member
If your not DEAD set on a turbo...and only looking for 650rwhp worth of street power...why not go with a PD blower?

Otherwise, JPC or CPR kits are going to get you a well designed kit that was thought out from start to finish!

Its hard to beat a PD blower car on the street. And this is coming from a CPR turbo owner.

I am with Mastwolf on this. For that power put a TVS on it and be done. Turbo's are way cool but not worth the headache for that power level.

Yes the TVS will get 650 but as you both know most people say 650 is good... for now and always want to turn it up.

The turbo will give much more room to grow

Yeah but yours is less intrusive and less install time

Yes thats true our kit can easily be put on with hand tools in a garage or a driveway for that matter. Hardest part is taking off the oil pan to do the drain. Unless you go Vortech style and just jam a hole in it.

:beer:

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Yes the TVS will get 650 but as you both know most people say 650 is good... for now and always want to turn it up.

The turbo will give much more room to grow

Yes thats true our kit can easily be put on with hand tools in a garage or a driveway for that matter. Hardest part is taking off the oil pan to do the drain. Unless you go Vortech style and just jam a hole in it.

:beer:
Very good point. Hell having a low 10sec car is now....well slow lol

I mig welded mine on....on the car....lol

Last edited:

Shiken_Feddas

Established Member
+1 on turbo. I have the single hellion kit. It works. It's not the best design imo, as ive modified it to my own preference. I've had it for almost two years and its been almost maintainence free. So it's reliable, but being the first kit means everyone else gets to improve your mistakes. I've also taken the swaybar off with no noticible drivability issues. in the future I will probably do a custom setup.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
You will be happy with any of the single kits. Yes, some have had back pressure problems with the single hellion. But I know of two local OKC guys that are running the kit and making great power with a few simple changes to the kit. I would see how cheap you can get one, turn it up until you hit a wall, and then make the modifications. Maybe they will see this post and message you. Or just call John Urist and ask your questions. If you just want a single that has 1000 HP potential out of the box, contact CPR or JPC, both are great knowledgeable people that will be honest with you. Good luck and welcome to the "angry coyote feeding on copious amounts of ice cold turbo boost" CLUB. :banana:

6SpeedFreak

Established Member
Biggest thing I have to say about the hellion single is "Don't get Greedy" and all will be fine...It was designed to make a fun street car not a every weekend dragstrip racer!!!

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
+1 on turbo. I have the single hellion kit. It works. It's not the best design imo, as ive modified it to my own preference. I've had it for almost two years and its been almost maintainence free. So it's reliable, but being the first kit means everyone else gets to improve your mistakes. I've also taken the swaybar off with no noticible drivability issues. in the future I will probably do a custom setup.

please share some of the issues. what mods did you do to it and why?

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
If your not DEAD set on a turbo...and only looking for 650rwhp worth of street power...why not go with a PD blower?

Otherwise, JPC or CPR kits are going to get you a well designed kit that was thought out from start to finish!

Its hard to beat a PD blower car on the street. And this is coming from a CPR turbo owner.

ive considered tvs. but you have to rev high to make power.
ive had several turbo foxes( hense my name) and I see the potential of the coyote.
I mean 6-8psi is 600hp...... that's crazy.
I ran 14psi on a 306 sbf and made 595hp

Shiken_Feddas

Established Member
please share some of the issues. what mods did you do to it and why?

First is the MAF placement. The kit I have it is in the intercooler near the exit.

Second is the turbo has a solid mount to the frame. This coupled with the piping being slip on, means that everything will slide and loosen. Not a big issue but annoying. I fixed that by not using the solid mount and using a flexible hanger.

Another thing is the intercooler placement. It's literally behind the bumper,not open to any direct air flow. They supply lowering straps to lower it, but you need to get a few more piping and silicon connectors to make that work without cutting anything.

Don't get me wrong, the kit works and is very reliable. Hellion has great customer support. As stated earlier, if all you want is a 600 hp dd, this is a worthwhile kit. I installed it in a couple days after work each day. But I didn't like a few things and changed them. Like the turbo mount. Also made the wg an atmospheric dump(I think that should be an option). I lowered the intercooler too.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
ive considered tvs. but you have to rev high to make power.
ive had several turbo foxes( hense my name) and I see the potential of the coyote.
I mean 6-8psi is 600hp...... that's crazy.
I ran 14psi on a 306 sbf and made 595hp

TVS's you do not have to rev high to make power.

Users who are viewing this thread