Single Post Car Lift for a 9 foot garage ceiling...

ArabianOak

Established Member
Hi Gang,

I am in the process of trying to find a single post car lift so I can have the rex sit above the zr1. My current situation is I rent a storage unit locally for the rex and even though that works out fine I would like to have them both under one roof.

I see a few options out there but was curious what you guys have found/experienced. Here are the parameters;

1. Single post would be best (takes up less space)
2. Ceiling in the garage is only 9 feet tall
3. The rex only weighs 950lbs, so it doesn't need to be a high weight limit lift

With kids safety is really important.

My plan is to get a side mount garage door opener on that side to free up space for the single post lift.

Whatever you guys could find/rec'd would be great. I am planning to pull the trigger as soon as I find something.

Thanks in advance.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Hi Gang,

I am in the process of trying to find a single post car lift so I can have the rex sit above the zr1. My current situation is I rent a storage unit locally for the rex and even though that works out fine I would like to have them both under one roof.

I see a few options out there but was curious what you guys have found/experienced. Here are the parameters;

1. Single post would be best (takes up less space)
2. Ceiling in the garage is only 9 feet tall
3. The rex only weighs 950lbs, so it doesn't need to be a high weight limit lift

With kids safety is really important.

My plan is to get a side mount garage door opener on that side to free up space for the single post lift.

Whatever you guys could find/rec'd would be great. I am planning to pull the trigger as soon as I find something.

Thanks in advance.
I have a Rotary 4 post lift and with a 10’ 6 ceiling, so I feel your pain regarding stuffing the toys in the garage. I’ll be interested to see what’s out there for single arm lifts. Good luck!

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

ArabianOak

Established Member
I think my slab is 4 inches thick. And the zr1 is 49 inches tall. So this should work. My only concern is putting the rex on that until. Being a reverse trike I need to measure and make sure the wheels all fit etc.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Well shit. You are about 2 weeks late. A guy in Cook County was selling a Mohawk single post lift for $1200 on Facebook marketplace. Would have been perfect for you....

Users who are viewing this thread