Since we are on the topic of camaro kills...

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
This happened last fall, but whatever.

So my co-worker/bff had went to freebirds for lunch on one of our days off. On the way back a 2012 camaro ss had caught up to us as we where heading back to his house to finish up working on his 70' chevelle. The car looked like the guy had just bought it since it had temp tags on it still.

The dude signals for me to roll down my window and first thing he ask "if it's modded", I tell him "no nothing major, just a exhaust and tune." He gets this huge shit eating grin and ask if I want to go from a dig. I agree!

The road we are on is a major road in the city we live in but, is mostly vacant and smooth and surrounded by sound walls. The light turns green, we both launch, I spin most of 1st and shifting into 2nd but grabbing traction shortly after pulling 3/4 a car length on him from the launch.

Rack the gears up to about 110 before letting off still keeping ahead of him, not by much but enough to dust him at the next light. Roll up afterwards looking pissed he lost to a 9 year old car, peeling out across the intersection as we turn down to head back my bro's house.

I'm not sure if what happened but we both expected to lose to a higher hp car, guess drivers mod was needed. lol

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Looks like everyone is picking on Camaro's lately.:beer:

:beer: this was almost a year ago but imho it should have slaughtered my basically stock Mach 1. Either way it's a kill lol

466roller

Established Member
Chalk one up here. Cruising around today and had a SS pull up behind me. Get to the next light and it's red. Unfortunately it's only a 2 lane road so I get through the intersection and then just matt the throttle to see what he'd do. Well he was waiting for me apparently and accelerated too but started spinning. I pulled about 5-6 cars before he started coming back on. I kept into it to about 115 or so and let out. Next light is wide open 4 lanes, I ask him what's done to it(at this point I knew it was supercharged) he replies "everything it makes 710 to the wheels, but it doesn't hook up." Me, " that's cool, my car is a stock auto with a tune". Light turns green, same result. He came around me at about 110. Obviously on the track he'd probably trap in the 130's with traction, BUT different story on the street.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Power means nothing if you cant get it to the pavement. Its all about the anti-squat suspension setup.

dead man walkin

Established Member
If a newer camaro with 710 to the wheels did hook it would just twist and snap the axle shafts and you'd win by more

LajosV

Established Member
I got another "kill" this weekend. Was out cruising and decided to go on the highway for some pulls. Shortly after I got on the highway I see some camaro headlights and I thought this should be fun so I let it catch up. They roll their window down and I see it's an overweight woman and her even larger boyfriend. She says your mustang aint got s*it on my 'maro. I said probably not and tell her to hit it as I down shift to 2nd at 45 mph. She takes off and I notice the RS badges and lol. I give it enough gas to get back in line with them give em a good look and pedal to the metal cya later. Made my day haha.

blkvenm97

Established Member
great kill for the mach op! I'd like to have gotten ahold of one in my full bolt on full exhaust tuned mach i had a couple years ago. A few years back I owned a 95 gt that had a trickflow top end kit, full exhaust and full bolt ons and was a forged bottom end 347 stroker with 10:1 compression etc etc. Had a cam too mild for the setup but was still easily making 400 or more hp at the flywheel. Had tons of torque also. Didn't hook that good but did from about 35 mph on. My friend had gotten a 2010 SS camaro when they first came out and everyone thought they were the ****....we talked about racing but never did before we got rid of our cars...after seeing all these stories i wish so badly that I would have...I thought at the time it would be close but after knowing what I know now from a 35 roll (which is what we were going to do) I would have yanked him hard...considering i weighed 1000 less lbs and had 4.10s lol

Users who are viewing this thread