simple grill mod

cobra1718

Established Member
Picked up this idea from the Boss forum. Using a 5/16 drill and some patience and time modified the grill to get more air. The 302 grill is quite expensive with the wire which I dont think looks so great. tell me your opinion.

newpicifgrill.jpg

BOSS2664

Established Member
nice job

Thats exactly what I have planned....you beat me to it. Looks great and I am sure the drivers side directs more air to the factory real cold air/ram air system not to mention the radiator!

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Nice work. That won't be enough to keep your engine cool if you track your car though. You'll need to open up the grille in a similar fashion to the 302S. I'm with you on not liking the wire mesh so I bought a Cobra Jet grille.

IMG_0449.jpg

P1030037.jpg

cobra1718

Established Member
I wanted to stay with the Boss type grill. You can see all the other grills all over the place on the GT's. I could also get more air by opening up the vents between the fog light area and the headlight?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member

5 DOT 0

Established Member
that white border works out great for your color combo. I was hoping they had other options then white....doesnt match my orange/black and I dont want to pay the $ money to have it repainted. I'm holding out for a better option for replacing the oem grill, which kinda sucks.
Yea it works well on white or white striped cars, not so much on black striped cars. The 302S grille comes in black plastic and many are not painting it.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Yea it works well on white or white striped cars, not so much on black striped cars. The 302S grille comes in black plastic and many are not painting it.

Nice!! The cobra jet grill looks just like the california special grill and very similar to the Roush grill. I picked up a Roush grill, but I just can't seem to separate the tabs with the bumper cover still on:shrug:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Nice!! The cobra jet grill looks just like the california special grill and very similar to the Roush grill. I picked up a Roush grill, but I just can't seem to separate the tabs with the bumper cover still on:shrug:
Use those muscles and try again. LOL :poke:

Stick a large screwdriver down there and push on the tab while pulling on the grille. Highly doubtful you'll break it since it's ABS plastic. Wrap your screwdriver in tape if you're worried about scratching anything but nothing is visible and it's all plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread