Silver with black wheels 03/04 cobra at sonic meet

Bobby C 01TA

Established Member
STROKD said:
Bobby, youll have to let me drive your car at a gtg for a few, I was thinking bout a 3200 for the C6, want to see how it is.. i'll let you drive the 6 if you want as trade... :beer:

thats cool.. just dont do any crazy burnouts or launches lol.. the 3200 is very streetable.. from my experience, the same stall seems to be even more streetable for vettes. we'll meet up sometime at a gtg.. sure i'll drive the 6.. havent driven one yet.. missed out on the GM "drive anything you want" event few mos ago lol

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Bobby C 01TA said:
thats cool.. just dont do any crazy burnouts or launches lol.. the 3200 is very streetable.. from my experience, the same stall seems to be even more streetable for vettes. we'll meet up sometime at a gtg.. sure i'll drive the 6.. havent driven one yet.. missed out on the GM "drive anything you want" event few mos ago lol
Nah I won't beat on your car, hell I don't even beat on mine!

I just wanna see how it accelrates and how much gas it requires etc... whats your gas Milage? I average between 17-21, depending on how much I get on it. :rolling:

I don't want to give up much RW if any, and do not want it to feel squirly in turns. :(

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
coleman said:
So, is anyone heading out there this evening?
Sure dude, I'll bring the snow mobile and own everyone! :whine:

When you gonna let me get at that Cobra of yours... My dad's VErt will be done in a few days, maybe in a week or two? :uh oh:

drkchk03svt

Established Member
STROKD said:
Sure dude, I'll bring the snow mobile and own everyone! :whine:

When you gonna let me get at that Cobra of yours... My dad's VErt will be done in a few days, maybe in a week or two? :uh oh:

lol... If it clears up I will come out....but I would not count on it.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Bazuko said:
Either next week, or this friday, I thnk evryone is going up there on friday too.... :D
I'll have my Stang up and going by next Tues, I'll try to stop by if the weather is nice. :rolling:

Bobby C 01TA

Established Member
gas mileage isn't too great on the TA with the stall.. its not all too bad though either.. it depends on how much of a spirited driver u are.. since the stall keeps torque up, the rpms will stay up during shifts. My hp dropped some with the stall but picked up a good bit of torque. If u get a yank, u will save more hp but my Vigilante gives much more Tq and hits really hard from a stop. I've heard too many horror stories about yanks going bad and tearing up trannies etc. I've had my Vig on for 3 yrs and not one problem with the verter or tranny (knock on wood :) ).. Mine is also a single disc converter.. Vigilante makes a triple disc converter that is more efficient on hwy races but also cost alot more. I'l be out at the Wednesday meet tonight.. I believe its gonna be at Salis cause its gonna be COLD!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Bobby C 01TA said:
gas mileage isn't too great on the TA with the stall.. its not all too bad though either.. it depends on how much of a spirited driver u are.. since the stall keeps torque up, the rpms will stay up during shifts. My hp dropped some with the stall but picked up a good bit of torque. If u get a yank, u will save more hp but my Vigilante gives much more Tq and hits really hard from a stop. I've heard too many horror stories about yanks going bad and tearing up trannies etc. I've had my Vig on for 3 yrs and not one problem with the verter or tranny (knock on wood :) ).. Mine is also a single disc converter.. Vigilante makes a triple disc converter that is more efficient on hwy races but also cost alot more. I'l be out at the Wednesday meet tonight.. I believe its gonna be at Salis cause its gonna be COLD!
I;ve got class at night, so Salis is too far to make it afterwards. Yea I don't want to give up any RW, I want to make 400 RW through an auto, which I may do with the stock converter and just get gears, but I figured a torque converter would be a good thing. It doesn't really lag now, but it does take a good .5 seconds to get up to 4K and start pulling hard. It has a few more cubes than your T/A and is prob 300 lbs lighter, so it gets going quick, just not quick enough. :whine:

Users who are viewing this thread