03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Who's is wound ?

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
ACD41140-E0C8-4512-BC98-910B792BA600.jpeg

Blown 89

Established Member
What he says is true though. If you were being questioned by a panel of politicians and said what you said, none of the democrats would be able to stand because of their raging boners.
Pedophile boners or not it's true. People are morons.

Having reservations on how to carry a weapon is not something to be critical of. You have no idea the person’s background with guns. Myself for instance; first semi-auto handgun I learned to shoot was a Beretta 92FS (DA/SA, with thumb safety, if you didn’t know), couple that with every other rifle or shotgun I had shot had safeties on them, it was weird shooting a striker fired pistol the first time. Then make the leap of an SA only hammer fired…can you not see how someone might have reservations on carrying that pistol cocked and ready?
Safety is independent of platform. If you don't trust yourself to not do something dangerous with one firearm that mistake doesn't magically become acceptable with another.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t know what the officer did, but saying guns just don’t go off like that isn’t true when it comes to shotguns. Do some research on shotgun accidental discharges from being dropped and you’ll see what I mean. The same problem doesn’t exist with most modern handguns, except maybe this one. Hence the lawsuit.
I understand that. But he didn’t drop it in this case, and it wasn’t a shotgun. Early built sig p320 did fail the drop test terribly tho.

JaCobro

Established Member
Premium Member
For you guys that think you need to be locked and loaded for every scenario are living in fantasy. A well trained individual can use the Israeli method with efficiency and effect. Half a second or less to rack a slide is not life or death in most scenarios. I am aware that some situations will require a loaded gun. If I feel like I might be going into a possible hostile area, better believe I’ll be ready to rock and roll. And I agree with training, training, and more training for multiple scenarios.
P.S. I’ll ask the green beret that runs my training classes why he carries a useless hunk of metal, and report back to you guys.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t think anyone’s saying that you can’t use the Israeli method with efficiency. What some of us are saying, is that having one in the pipe gives you a definite advantage and in many situations will be the difference between life and death.

The mistake that a lot of people are making, is assuming that you are going to know when you’ll have to dish out deadly force due to a life-threatening scenario.

JaCobro

Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t think anyone’s saying that you can’t use the Israeli method with efficiency. What some of us are saying, is that having one in the pipe gives you a definite advantage and in many situations will be the difference between life and death.

The mistake that a lot of people are making, is assuming that you are going to know when you’ll have to dish out deadly force due to a life-threatening scenario.
I can’t say I disagree.

_Snake_

Established Member
I understand that. But he didn’t drop it in this case, and it wasn’t a shotgun. Early built sig p320 did fail the drop test terribly tho.

You completely missed my point.

It’s been proven from the reading I have done......

You read it on the internet? lol

For you guys that think you need to be locked and loaded for every scenario are living in fantasy. A well trained individual can use the Israeli method with efficiency and effect. Half a second or less to rack a slide is not life or death in most scenarios. I am aware that some situations will require a loaded gun. If I feel like I might be going into a possible hostile area, better believe I’ll be ready to rock and roll. And I agree with training, training, and more training for multiple scenarios.
P.S. I’ll ask the green beret that runs my training classes why he carries a useless hunk of metal, and report back to you guys.

A half of a second is not life or death? You're showing how little experience you have in this area. A proficient marksman can draw and fire a concealed pistol in less than 1.5 seconds. You're saying a third of that time isn't important?

They have a word for guys like you: victim.

Last edited:

JaCobro

Established Member
Premium Member

A half of a second is not life or death? You're showing how little experience you have in this area. A proficient marksman can draw and fire a concealed pistol in less than 1.5 seconds. You're saying a third of that time isn't important?

You are missing the point here. But nice try.

Changed my mind. F for effort.

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
You are missing the point here. But nice try. A for effort.

What's your firearm background / training / experience? Because you sound like you're WAY out of your league, especially when you don't have an intelligent response.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Everyone has their own comfort level with carrying a pistol/revolver/whatever. If you don't like me walking around with one in the pipe, that is your problem, not mine. You do you and leave me alone.
Also carry one racked in my shotgun. Perp will not get a chance to hear it.

C2tuck

Established Member
I have to disagree. If there are other innocents in the home, then no. The spray pattern of a shotgun is not idea in a home. Plus, it’s larger, so you can’t move around corners or open a door with one hand. You also have to think more when using a shotgun. Many things can go wrong here. Remember, you’re going to be amped up with adrenaline.

1. You don’t have one chambered, you pull the trigger and nothing happens. You’re dead possibly.

2. You leave one chambered, shoot, miss and struggle to work the action on the shotgun.

3. Pull the trigger with your daughter in close proximity peppering her with shot.

You want a gun that is always ready to go and you only have to do one thing while still being able to hold a light , open doors and such. That’s going to be a double action revolver. It’s all about time in a situation like this and quick thinking. That revolver is loaded and you only have to pull the trigger.

Another thing to add, I’ve heard stories of people who are just hunting. They get so amped up that they don’t chamber a round or eject a chambered unshot round because their adrenaline is pumping.

It’s been proven from the reading I have done that in most cases a persons first instinct under a stressful situation is pulling the trigger, even if the gun isn’t ready. If that double action revolver is loaded, it’s ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was taught by a firearms instructor at a young age that shotguns are best for home defense. His reasoning was that buck shit will not go through a wall and hit an innocent victim like a stray 9, 45, 357 round would. I see his point, especially when adrenalin is involved.

JaCobro

Established Member
Premium Member
What's your firearm background / training / experience? Because you sound like you're WAY out of your league, especially when you don't have an intelligent response.
Put your ego and ignorance down and listen to what I said. My experience is irrelevant to you. But I’ve been around guns, and shooting since I was 9 years old. I’m not a pro by any means. And like I said, I understand if you are going into a situation where you might need to draw and fire. I’ve been shot at and guess what the first thing I did was. Take cover where you can assess the situation. That’s all ima say about this subject. We can be here going back and forth all day. And for what? It gets us nowhere.

_Snake_

Established Member
Put your ego and ignorance down and listen to what I said. My experience is irrelevant to you. But I’ve been around guns, and shooting since I was 9 years old. I’m not a pro by any means. And like I said, I understand if you are going into a situation where you might need to draw and fire. I’ve been shot at and guess what the first thing I did was. Take cover where you can assess the situation. That’s all ima say about this subject. We can be here going back and forth all day. And for what? It gets us nowhere.

So no training. Got it.

Blown 89

Established Member
Was taught by a firearms instructor at a young age that shotguns are best for home defense. His reasoning was that buck shit will not go through a wall and hit an innocent victim like a stray 9, 45, 357 round would. I see his point, especially when adrenalin is involved.
Your firearms instructor didn't know what he was talking about. It's easy enough to test that every Tom, Dick and Harry on YouTube have proved that wrong.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member

I mean it is 2021, so almost all information is posted to the internet. My main resource was Wikipedia….

I’m kidding on that last part.

Actually, a Florida/Utah permit trainer gave us links to studies to read when I took the Utah permit course, then I just worked out from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

If I remember right, reading a book about the Q Course, Army SF goes through the course training with loaded weapons with the safety off and are expected to never ND. If you ND then you can be dropped from the class. Also had this conversation with a long time friend of mine who was TACP with multiple combat tours as well as an instructor at PFC Training. He got tagged by a mutual friend in a video of theirs trying to teach the Israeli method and he basically wanted our TACP friend to validate his methods by commenting on his video and he blocked that person from ever tagging him again. He told me it is an absolutely pointless method that he would never teach it in his courses, and he said he didn't even want his name tied to their video teaching irresponsible methods.

Users who are viewing this thread