SIG P320 - Good thing he wasn’t AIWB.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
And those that think they have to have one in the chamber , sleep with a condom on , and a .ask in the car , while driving alone
If you practice , as was said , practice in multiple scenarios.
Hypocrisy is on full throttle in this thread .

TaraFirma

Established Member
I watched half the video and had to stop when they said he brushed his hand against the gun or holster…whichever one they said. Seems like a bunch of malarkey to me!

I bet he had an improperly sized cheap holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was talking with an employee at a law enforcement supply company recently about this, and he said that they have seen this happen (discharge in the holster) when the officer is using an older holster that they used with their previous sidearm (non SIG). They found that even though the 320 fit inside the holster, the retention part that protrudes into the trigger gaurd put pressure onto the trigger and would discharge if any more pressure was applied down on the gun or onto the side of the holster

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
AF8682C5-F7FB-45A7-A811-0068FAD4FC4F.jpeg

Blown 89

Established Member
Thats actually a terrible answer. Statement like that are the same reason the democrats want to remove guns from Americans.
Or, conversely, you could spend some time learning to be safe.

_Snake_

Established Member
Guns don’t just “go off” like that. And I’m pretty sure sig already had a voluntary recall for this “issue”. I don’t think officer blart is telling the whole truth here.
Havent had any issues with my P320 .45acp. And I carry that piece everywhere. But I don’t keep it “hot” either.

I don’t know what the officer did, but saying guns just don’t go off like that isn’t true when it comes to shotguns. Do some research on shotgun accidental discharges from being dropped and you’ll see what I mean. The same problem doesn’t exist with most modern handguns, except maybe this one. Hence the lawsuit.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Or, conversely, you could spend some time learning to be safe.
What he says is true though. If you were being questioned by a panel of politicians and said what you said, none of the democrats would be able to stand because of their raging boners.

Having reservations on how to carry a weapon is not something to be critical of. You have no idea the person’s background with guns. Myself for instance; first semi-auto handgun I learned to shoot was a Beretta 92FS (DA/SA, with thumb safety, if you didn’t know), couple that with every other rifle or shotgun I had shot had safeties on them, it was weird shooting a striker fired pistol the first time. Then make the leap of an SA only hammer fired…can you not see how someone might have reservations on carrying that pistol cocked and ready?

_Snake_

Established Member
What he says is true though. If you were being questioned by a panel of politicians and said what you said, none of the democrats would be able to stand because of their raging boners.

Having reservations on how to carry a weapon is not something to be critical of. You have no idea the person’s background with guns. Myself for instance; first semi-auto handgun I learned to shoot was a Beretta 92FS (DA/SA, with thumb safety, if you didn’t know), couple that with every other rifle or shotgun I had shot had safeties on them, it was weird shooting a striker fired pistol the first time. Then make the leap of an SA only hammer fired…can you not see how someone might have reservations on carrying that pistol cocked and ready?

You make a great point. The only thing I’d add is that if a person doesn’t have the firearm background or experience, they should carry a DA/SA with a thumb safety. Or more to the point, carry what you’re comfortable carrying with a round in the chamber.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
And those that think they have to have one in the chamber , sleep with a condom on , and a .ask in the car , while driving alone
If you practice , as was said , practice in multiple scenarios.
Hypocrisy is on full throttle in this thread .

terrible analogies but carry on.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the truth will come out here if this lawsuit does go to
Court. I think we will find out that this guy was negligent in some way. All too often people buy a nice shiny gun then use X holster for the wrong gun or a cheap generic holster.

I just seen a FN509 jammed into a Uncle Mike’s holster made for a revolver just yesterday. Some people just don’t understand proper holster retention and correct trigger clearance with a holster.

I would love to see what holster this guy had his Sig riding in.

C2tuck

Established Member
Honestly i think this is very true for most people. Either 1 or the other or both. Personally i would not trust myself enough to carry with one always loaded in the chamber. But for home defense where children have no access too the gun i dont think its a bad idea to have one loaded in the chamber.

Best gun for home defense is a 12 gauge pump. What Klaus said has some truth to it. Everyone knows what a pump sounds like when being chambered, and if they’re there uninvited…they’ll surly shit themselves. Alternate 00 buck and slugs.

Plus if you really are woken up by intruders, your body is going from REM sleep to 100% adrenaline rush, very few trained people can shoot in that scenario.

Flip the lights on, make sure it’s not your kids, pull, subject will be shot at any reasonable distance. If he’s still breathing, insert slug.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Best gun for home defense is a 12 gauge pump. What Klaus said has some truth to it. Everyone knows what a pump sounds like when being chambered, and if they’re there uninvited…they’ll surly shit themselves. Alternate 00 buck and slugs.

Plus if you really are woken up by intruders, your body is going from REM sleep to 100% adrenaline rush, very few trained people can shoot in that scenario.

Flip the lights on, make sure it’s not your kids, pull, subject will be shot at any reasonable distance. If he’s still breathing, insert slug.

I have to disagree. If there are other innocents in the home, then no. The spray pattern of a shotgun is not idea in a home. Plus, it’s larger, so you can’t move around corners or open a door with one hand. You also have to think more when using a shotgun. Many things can go wrong here. Remember, you’re going to be amped up with adrenaline.

1. You don’t have one chambered, you pull the trigger and nothing happens. You’re dead possibly.

2. You leave one chambered, shoot, miss and struggle to work the action on the shotgun.

3. Pull the trigger with your daughter in close proximity peppering her with shot.

You want a gun that is always ready to go and you only have to do one thing while still being able to hold a light , open doors and such. That’s going to be a double action revolver. It’s all about time in a situation like this and quick thinking. That revolver is loaded and you only have to pull the trigger.

Another thing to add, I’ve heard stories of people who are just hunting. They get so amped up that they don’t chamber a round or eject a chambered unshot round because their adrenaline is pumping.

It’s been proven from the reading I have done that in most cases a persons first instinct under a stressful situation is pulling the trigger, even if the gun isn’t ready. If that double action revolver is loaded, it’s ready.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread