Side Exhaust Discs

2012YellowBoss

Established Member
Edit: Contact 5 DOT 0 for future orders

Hey Guys,
Many of you know me from the other forums but I thought I would throw a post up here. I was looking for a better sound for the Boss then the factory restrictive discs without running the side pipes wide open. I tested sizes from 1/2 to 1 inch opening and posted some youtube vids.

I found the 3/4 inch discs provided a good sound mix between the engine sound and exhaust. Smaller (1/2 5/8) you hear the motor scream, more (7/8 1)the exhaust stands out louder. More info here

Experimenting With Exhaust Discs - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Sizes are 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8 and 1 inch. They are 18 gauge stainless steel. One set shipped is $27 ($34 Canada) two or more just add $18 each, no extra shipping charges.

1/2

‪2012 Boss 302 with 1/2 exhaust discs rev‬‏ - YouTube
‪2012 Boss 302 with 1/2 exhaust discs 2‬‏ - YouTube
‪2012 Boss 302 with 1/2 exhaust discs 3‬‏ - YouTube

5/8

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF5sTzFabkQ"]Boss 302 5/8 discs - YouTube[/nomedia]

3/4

‪2012 Boss 302 with 3/4 exhaust discs rev‬‏ - YouTube
‪2012 Boss 302 with 3/4 exhaust discs 2‬‏ - YouTube

7/8

‪2012 Boss 302 with 7/8 exhaust discs rev‬‏ - YouTube
‪2012 Boss 302 with 7/8 exhaust discs 1‬‏ - YouTube
‪2012 Boss 302 with 7/8 exhaust discs 3‬‏ - YouTube

1 inch

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b4KKBJCFGM"]Boss 302 1 inch discs - YouTube[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJYThQptsc4"]Boss 302 1 inch discs run - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

AlanSVT

Established Member
My buddy took out the discs and DAMN best sounding stock exhust I have ever heard.

Awesome...all boss's should have this done.

Alan

2012YellowBoss

Established Member
My buddy took out the discs and DAMN best sounding stock exhust I have ever heard.

Awesome...all boss's should have this done.

Alan

Many people love the sound wide open and I did at fisrt also. After a little while the jake brake sound started to work on me, that is why I looked at different size discs to ture the sound to something I would like a little better.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I have Scott's 1/2, 3/4, and 7/8" discs. The 1/2 is nice and noticeably louder than stock but I wanted more of a good thing and settled with the 7/8" discs. It sounds incredible around town without being too loud.

2012YellowBoss

Established Member
Shipping rates were just raised, that combined with a small increase two months ago on the discs has forced me to raise the price. Only one dollar and only for the first set - $27 shipped. The second or more sets I will keep at the same price for now $18.

Canada shipping has increased also, first set shipped is $34, $18 for extra sets.

svt1111

Established Member
Yup, I agree. No discs has to be the best sounding stock Mustang exhaust in existence. Sounds even better with the Trackey, although not the least bit lopey, just deeper and more purposeful.

I get some weird 'buzzing' resonance in the interior around 4k rpms with the discs out though. I wonder if its exhaust sound waves reverberating off the little plastic flaps in front of the rear wheels near where the exhaust dumps out of the side pipes???

Grant808

Established Member
The 3/4" are perfect for me...and personally, I think you should charge a bit more for one set, but also have a different price for all 4 sizes.

2012YellowBoss

Established Member
The 3/4" are perfect for me...and personally, I think you should charge a bit more for one set, but also have a different price for all 4 sizes.

Thanks, the 3/4 is a great sound.

I am doing my best to keep the price down as low as possibile. This started as a personal project and grew when I had mine made up last year. I make only a few dollars per set after costs and the $18 is as low as I can go and keep it worthwhile doing. If someone gets one set or four the discs still cost me the same.

However if you would like to order 4 more sets to have all sizes, I will try to get you closer to cost, just let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread