Show & Tell: What have you accomplished with the added free time?

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Given the state of things these days, many of us have some extra time on our hands. If you're like me then you're not very good at being lazy and enjoy the feeling of having accomplished something productive. So, combine that with down time at home and perhaps you've found yourself knocking out that list of projects you've been putting off. Maybe you're through that list and are now making up more things to do. I think it's awesome to see what an "average Joe" like myself can build/create/construct...etc when they've got the time and motivation. Personally, I haven't had much extra time off during the week, but since everything is essentially closed, my weekends have become wide open. Anyway, what have you accomplished?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Haven’t accomplish much because my wife is actually busier right now than she was prior to this mess. Aside from random yard stuff, Shelby exhaust, truck pads/rotors, and keeping the kids alive, this is the only real accomplishment.

Steps and stringers were rotted. I have no idea how it came out level but it did.
4F0220EE-BFA7-493A-84E3-3F2D5872E7FF.jpeg

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I've been following your other thread about all the car progress too. Straight and level...it's funny how we can impress ourselves once in a while. Measure twice, cut once. Or in my case, measure 74 times, cut, drink a beer. lol

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
No pictures, but made a shoe rack in the garage and added shelving to a closet to store the kids craft supplies and going to do some interior painting soon. Then order some wood to build a pergola on the back in the next week or two as well as mulch. We just moved into this house 6 months ago and now that we are stuck at home, the "get'r done now" list keeps growing since we have no where else to be.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Ripped carpet out of the family room and put down vinyl floors and new baseboards. Tore the bamboo floors out of the dining and living rooms and did the same with new baseboards. The master bedroom is next for the same. I think I have some pictures on my phone.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I’m far from a master carpenter, but I am a bit of a novice audio nerd. Had the idea/design for these brewing for months, just hadn’t started the build. I had absolutely no need for more speakers, but the components were piling up and I wanted to see if had any clue what I was doing. I’ve built smaller stuff in the past (3-way bookshelves, numerous sub enclosures), but these were quite a bit more involved. I’m biased of course, but they sound better than I could have imagined. I’m convinced even a fairly experienced ear would think they’re a high end brand in a blindfolded listening test.
Image1586962134.208798.jpg
Image1586962169.245958.jpg

On top of these, I helped the gf spruce up the half bath, painted the inside of the one car side of my garage (Cobra lair), replaced a rear caliper bracket on the Fiesta, gave the lawnmower its annual tuneup and oil change, and sprayed a fresh coat on the patio furniture that was getting faded.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
That’s a giant ass speaker box. Do they serve a practical purpose somewhere or were you just building to build?

Doesn’t look bad at all.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
No free time. Still hanging drywall, taping and floating, and texturing. Business as usual for us. Other trades on job sites have slacked off but we're still strong at it. Maybe after everything settles down we can catch some free time

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AssPikle

Established Member
Nice setup. I built a set of anthology towers which I absolutely love. Sq is the best I've heard. I'll post pics if I can figure out how.

I’m far from a master carpenter, but I am a bit of a novice audio nerd. Had the idea/design for these brewing for months, just hadn’t started the build. I had absolutely no need for more speakers, but the components were piling up and I wanted to see if had any clue what I was doing. I’ve built smaller stuff in the past (3-way bookshelves, numerous sub enclosures), but these were quite a bit more involved. I’m biased of course, but they sound better than I could have imagined. I’m convinced even a fairly experienced ear would think they’re a high end brand in a blindfolded listening test.
View attachment 1634253View attachment 1634254

On top of these, I helped the gf spruce up the half bath, painted the inside of the one car side of my garage (Cobra lair), replaced a rear caliper bracket on the Fiesta, gave the lawnmower its annual tuneup and oil change, and sprayed a fresh coat on the patio furniture that was getting faded.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That’s a giant ass speaker box. Do they serve a practical purpose somewhere or were you just building to build?

Doesn’t look bad at all.

They replaced a cheap pair of 2-way bookshelves and an 8" sub. I've got a full-blown, totally excessive home theater setup in a different room, but I pipe the music from there all throughout the house and garage so the bookshelves were just for fill. Now I can actually get some oomph with these. They're 65" tall and about 70lbs. I even painted them and picked a grill material to match our interior colors so it would be easier to coax the lady into letting me put them in the living room. lol

Nice setup. I built a set of anthology towers which I absolutely love. Sq is the best I've heard. I'll post pics if I can figure out how.

It's so much more gratifying when you build them yourself and they actually deliver.
Pic posting...I just use the SVT app on my phone. Super easy that way plus the pics on already on there.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Removed CAI and injectors from my Scat Pack and put the stock stuff back in prep of returning the lease. Hellcat shopping time.
Reorganized the garage, plenty of yard work. Glad to still be coming to the office every day...

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
All the cars have fresh fluids.

We did a rear seat delete kit with hinges in my wifes JCW mini (which I had been putting off for years, it took all of an hour and 45 minutes, which included going to the store to get stuff and cleaning up the mess, who knew they were so easy to do), fixed the exhaust I didn't know was split in half on that car, replaced all the fittings on my quick jack, etc.

Nothing real big, I really wish I was in my new house before this all started, I could have got all the shit done that we want to get done by now and started on the trailer.

Oh well.

AssPikle

Established Member
Here are the pics of the anthology's I built. There are 4 photos I embedded, hopefully you can see them all. Was not easy wrapping the walnut veneer around the front but it did pay off.

AssPikle

Established Member
They replaced a cheap pair of 2-way bookshelves and an 8" sub. I've got a full-blown, totally excessive home theater setup in a different room, but I pipe the music from there all throughout the house and garage so the bookshelves were just for fill. Now I can actually get some oomph with these. They're 65" tall and about 70lbs. I even painted them and picked a grill material to match our interior colors so it would be easier to coax the lady into letting me put them in the living room. lol

It's so much more gratifying when you build them yourself and they actually deliver.
Pic posting...I just use the SVT app on my phone. Super easy that way plus the pics on already on there.
Trying the app now. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread