Show me your shifter Knob

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Finally got my shift knob from them. It wasn't packaged well at all. It was inside a Flossy box which was inside a soft Next Day envelope that was padded. There was a ton of Post It notes inside as a buffer which didn't do much. Once I opened the box the knob had been rolling around inside getting scratched up. It looked like it had gone through about 100 auto car washes. I installed it and it is nice. I had to buff it out to get all the scuff marks off. On a side note I had to sand a band around the middle, polish it and then wax it. I mistakenly tightened it too much and it got stuck on the shaft. I needed a 3/8' spacer on top of the CJ adapter. I was trying to tighten it down to the adapter and cross threaded the top 1/4" of the threads. Steel knob, aluminum threads. I had to use a damn pipe wrench to get it off. Looks super custom now.

Shop elsewhere and don't be dumb. I was dumb for about 10 minutes and it cost me about 2 hours of fixing.

Well....at least you got it. Now show us the pictures then, I wanna see that bad boy!

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
Finally got my shift knob from them. It wasn't packaged well at all. It was inside a Flossy box which was inside a soft Next Day envelope that was padded. There was a ton of Post It notes inside as a buffer which didn't do much. Once I opened the box the knob had been rolling around inside getting scratched up. It looked like it had gone through about 100 auto car washes. I installed it and it is nice. I had to buff it out to get all the scuff marks off. On a side note I had to sand a band around the middle, polish it and then wax it. I mistakenly tightened it too much and it got stuck on the shaft. I needed a 3/8' spacer on top of the CJ adapter. I was trying to tighten it down to the adapter and cross threaded the top 1/4" of the threads. Steel knob, aluminum threads. I had to use a damn pipe wrench to get it off. Looks super custom now.

Shop elsewhere and don't be dumb. I was dumb for about 10 minutes and it cost me about 2 hours of fixing.

Well crap looks like I am going with the TWM now...

Tac2cul

16185947_large.jpg

16185946_large.jpg

Nice Knob, where can this one be purchased from?

Paul.

Established Member
I've looked around for something nicer than my simple factory 401A knob with a Shelby boot. Haven't found anything yet. It looks aa little different now with the MGW under there, but you get the idea.

GT500InteriorInstalled1_zpse18ac33b.jpg

GT500InteriorInstalled3_zpsfbad81e4.jpg

GT500InteriorInstalled4_zpsdb8cfb20.jpg

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Thanks man. I need to do something about the nut, however. I went to the local hardware store and just bought what they had, well the thing is stupid bulky and looks half-assed.

scott_0

Established Member
that Flossy knob is a nice piece for sure, but IMO you really need to address where it meets the boot, looks unfinished

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I know. I just put it on man haha, I was in a hurry. I had to go play basketball so I just put it on. However, I'm not sure how I'm gonna finish it though. Anyone have suggestions?

jdcobra

Established Member
I know. I just put it on man haha, I was in a hurry. I had to go play basketball so I just put it on. However, I'm not sure how I'm gonna finish it though. Anyone have suggestions?

Use blue loctite. It's what is used on the the boss 302 knobs and Gt500 knobs. It allows the clean look without the use of a nut. You just put some on the threads of the shifter and center the knob as far down as it will go and let it set over night.

VJM_

Established Member
Mine is a weighted, height adjustable one from a company called TWM Performance. It's real nice, sort of a retro-modern look and feel to it. This model from them is called the M1 Abrams.
20150105_151138_zpsi9eguj2f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150113_1100310_zpsufxhithu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150113_110413_zpsxxva8yfq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Doug Marbo

Established Member
If you want to get a shift pattern on the Flossy Knob, do they use their own image for the pattern or are you required to send them one? Is there any particular format they prefer when sending them an image file? Would this one work?View attachment 35906

attachment.php

Last edited:

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Question for you guys. I broke down and ordered a knob from CJ Pony Parts and bought the boot retainer for it as well. On their web site and in the video of the install (not that installing a knob is rocket science) nothing is said about needing anything to have the boot stay up against the boot retainer.

Problem I'm having is that my boot is dropping down away from the retainer.

photo (1).JPG

Is there anything special that I'm supposed to be doing to get the boot to stay seated against the retainer?

scott_0

Established Member
Problem I'm having is that my boot is dropping down away from the retainer.

do you have the plastic piece in there? or did you remove it? and if you do, is the collar screwed all the down?

Users who are viewing this thread