Show me your lowered 99/01 Cobra

Predatorbird

Established Member
i can't decide between h&r sport and race springs. our cars don't seem to lower as much as terminators from the pics i've seen. i was set on getting h&r race springs, but now i'm worried my car won't be low enough. show me your pics and include what shocks/struts and iso's your using as well. :beer:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Mine sits pretty low with H&R Race. This pic is old though. Has all factory Isos. Considering taking the fronts out and leaving the back ones in.
7-4.jpg

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Do the race springs with no iso's. That's a very nice stance.

Annnnd, no, I don't have any pics of that, but I just remember it looking sweet.

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
You want low, get Eibach sportlines. My girlfriend has them on her car and it is SLAMMED!

FWIW: I have H&R Sports with stock ISO's and Im running an 18x10 in the rear with 295/35/18 BFG's and both the outside sidewalls are cut due to the rear of the car coming into contact with them..

Cut marks:
100_0081.jpg

Overall drop:
100_0080.jpg

Last edited:

Jamie R.

Established Member
Smacked you have got it low!! I like the back end lowered a lot better than before.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Im not into the slam. But I do like a nice clean slimming of the wheel gap.

Eibach Pro with isos

dsc00205.jpg

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
I'll post pics later but check my sig. I'm running stock iso's and stock shocks/struts and a H&R 2" drop. My whole exhaust including my LT's scrape over little bumps in the road. My pipes under the IRS look like there dragging on the ground it looks so awesome. It looks good but now I have a pretty good exhaust leak on my passenger side LT to the H-pipe. You can see a gap. I need to throw some copper high temp silicone sealant in there to hold me over til the spring. :bash:

Last edited:

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Smacked you have got it low!! I like the back end lowered a lot better than before.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Hahaha, yeah, I'm about to bring it up some more when I get the 17x9s up front and then I'll get it aligned. When we meeting up??? I'm trying to put something together for a Sunday in March at Silver Dollar.

l_28f5d4f35473ac51e697fcac85586165.jpg

pro kit, 1/2 cut in the front.

You didn't do anything else to the rear? That rear is mighty low just to be a Pro-kit with iso's. Tell the truth.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
3.jpg

Michels99.jpg

7.jpg

buddy of mine's 99. had eibach's, but he said it rode like crap, so he cut the factory springs and put them back in. i dont remember what he cut out, but it's accually gotten a tick lower than this. the rear tires have some scrubs, its about to low, but looks killer.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Hahaha, yeah, I'm about to bring it up some more when I get the 17x9s up front and then I'll get it aligned. When we meeting up??? I'm trying to put something together for a Sunday in March at Silver Dollar.

You didn't do anything else to the rear? That rear is mighty low just to be a Pro-kit with iso's. Tell the truth.

Nope, just a pro kit.

I do have a solid rear though so that might make it different.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Actually once you put the pro kit in those stock shocks and struts will eat crap very fast. I achieved a crappy ride quality after 10k. I put bilstein HD cobra struts and shocks in after that and now it rides amazing. The stock shocks and struts blow on anything other than the stock springs.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Terminator springs with half a coil cut front and rear. No isolators in front and just the bottom isolator in the rear. 03 Bilsteins all the way around. The front is a bit lower now thanks to the supercharger.

100_2962.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread