show me your garage

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
My mistake, garage is fantastic. I've got that part behind me.
I was referring to the asphalt work.

Lol, sorry.

The pad you see also extends 12' off the far side all the way to the back of the garage (think camper/motorhome/trailer parking) and the driveway is about 1/4 mile long and 11' wide...$17K.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Lol, sorry.

The pad you see also extends 12' off the far side all the way to the back of the garage (think camper/motorhome/trailer parking) and the driveway is about 1/4 mile long and 11' wide...$17K.
Perfect. I've been looking at paver stones & such. The asphalt looks great, clean.
When I get back home I'll research it. I've got two adjoined garages, 55' wide total, approach area & about 200' of driveway.

AWDLS2

Established Member
18x24 garage with RaceDeck flooring, still have a few things left to do with the cabinets on the front left taking out for Gridwall setup. Painted the right side cement border black as well

b7j8eq.jpg

i1a34n.jpg

RedZR

Established Member
I need some help with lighting. My ceiling is high and I have started planning the lighting but would appreciate advice on the following:

1 I thing hanging the lights about a foot from the ceiling would get light lower than flush mount- thoughts?

2. what hanging shop lights would produce the best light? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks all
Dan

Image1539557185.875772.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I need some help with lighting. My ceiling is high and I have started planning the lighting but would appreciate advice on the following:

1 I thing hanging the lights about a foot from the ceiling would get light lower than flush mount- thoughts?

2. what hanging shop lights would produce the best light? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks all
Dan

View attachment 1522162

Whichever you choose Dan I would go led. That's what i have in my garage, ceilings and walls, and it's like paint booth bright.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I think LED’s are the way to go. Fluorescent lights don’t do well if winter temps get cold. The better LED’s throw some serious light. In my current little 29x19 garage I have 4 small 2-bulb LED’s from Home Depot. They were about $40 each. Huge improvement over the 8’ fluorescent lights they replaced.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

Thanks all
Dan

View attachment 1522162

Get ready to read... The Best Light Fixture Ever! - The Garage Journal Board

331 LX

Established Member
A lot of killer garage's/shops here.

I'm having quite the dilemma trying to decide if I want to tear down my current 2 car detached garage or try to reno it some more. The garage is pretty shit, honestly. A buddy of mine and I wired it up and added some outlets, and hung some LED lights in it last winter which helped. The concrete has a decent sized crack in it on one side of the garage which sucks. I'm not sure if I could fix it and then do an epoxy, that'd help a ton.

My dilemma is, should I just drywall the inside and try to fix the concrete or tear it down and do a 3 car with a higher ceiling if the city will allow it in my neighborhood.

This picture makes the current garage look smaller than it really is, but Ideally if I tore it down I'd have enough room to do the 3 car and then concrete a pad in front of the garage ( Honestly I've thought of doing concrete from the back porch all the way to the garage and then fencing in the right side of the yard against my neighbors driveway). I share my driveway and my neighbor is on her way out so I'll be footing the bill for the entire driveway if I redid. I asked her husband before he passed away if he had any interest in redoing the driveway and he said no since they were so old.

Anyway, pic below. Let me know what ya'll think.

35066031924_9eadb81a6b_k.jpg

35774505321_a908faa63b_k.jpg

Blown02

Established Member
18x24 garage with RaceDeck flooring, still have a few things left to do with the cabinets on the front left taking out for Gridwall setup. Painted the right side cement border black as well
very nice! abt how much did the racedeck flooring cost?

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
A lot of killer garage's/shops here.

I'm having quite the dilemma trying to decide if I want to tear down my current 2 car detached garage or try to reno it some more. The garage is pretty shit, honestly. A buddy of mine and I wired it up and added some outlets, and hung some LED lights in it last winter which helped. The concrete has a decent sized crack in it on one side of the garage which sucks. I'm not sure if I could fix it and then do an epoxy, that'd help a ton.

My dilemma is, should I just drywall the inside and try to fix the concrete or tear it down and do a 3 car with a higher ceiling if the city will allow it in my neighborhood.

This picture makes the current garage look smaller than it really is, but Ideally if I tore it down I'd have enough room to do the 3 car and then concrete a pad in front of the garage ( Honestly I've thought of doing concrete from the back porch all the way to the garage and then fencing in the right side of the yard against my neighbors driveway). I share my driveway and my neighbor is on her way out so I'll be footing the bill for the entire driveway if I redid. I asked her husband before he passed away if he had any interest in redoing the driveway and he said no since they were so old.

Anyway, pic below. Let me know what ya'll think.

View attachment 1522318

View attachment 1522319

If you have the funds I say go for the new build brother. Spec out exactly what you want and have a space worthy of your badass car. That's what I would do rather than trying to make your current garage merely workable.

331 LX

Established Member
If you have the funds I say go for the new build brother. Spec out exactly what you want and have a space worthy of your badass car. That's what I would do rather than trying to make your current garage merely workable.

I'm leaning heavily on it, sir.. The money I put down on my Platinum a few months back could have paid for a nice garage I'd say. haha

I'm thinking of possibly doing a cashout or HELOC. I've got a nice chunk of equity in the home, I just wonder if 20-25k would do it or not. I need to be careful and not have the most expensive house in the area too. lol I honestly didn't think I would be here more than 5 years but life goes by quickly.

I'll keep this thread updated on what I decide and I appreciate the kind words on the Fox.

331 LX

Established Member
Just an update - Had a good friend of mine come over and discuss some options with me. Currently thinking of option 1. I'm also going to look into doing a pole barn if the city will allow it. He is supposed to get a rough idea on pricing within the next couple of days. He suggested maybe not fully finishing it with insulation and sheet metal walls until next year sometime. I disagree a bit, and depending on finishing cost I would rather just do it all at once and be done with it.

I decided on a 30x30 with 12ft ceilings. One side dedicated for a lift. Below are a few very rough sketches. LOL I like #1 best.

45359212452_b5a840569c_b.jpg

Last edited:

HudsonFalcon

Established Member

96dreamer

Established Member
Looks good. I love the coating and i have the same heater. I can get my one insulated bay up to 100° with that heater.
I hope mine does that good, I haven't had a night to test it out yet. This was on the highest setting with the thermostat all the way up. Finished up the ceiling drywall tonight
9484f9884a1b0ed178f9e69530225545.jpg
6304ac28628142a98a2f5ed44e244715.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread