show me you F1A setups.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
YUp- but you have to match the rest of your piping to whatever maf tube you use or you'll get maf wash. also- the larger the pipe the more resolution the maf can procure.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Finally done. 01 Gt f1a 18psi. Still waiting to get on the dyno.
IMAG0191.jpg

brandon_s0854

Established Member
Lots of reasons.

1. I don't like cog setups and don't have the money to pay someone to install the HOB renegade setup and don't have the resources to do it myself.
2. I'm going to be running the F1-D, which does not need to be spun as hard as the F1-A to make boost and also makes more midrange power. (larger pulley, less slip)
3. I don't plan on ever running e85 or race gas, and therefore never plan on running more than 20psi, which I know is possible on my setup if I can fit a large enough pulley on the bracket. If I go too small, I'm either going to be over 20psi or running in to belt slip problems. Which is what prompted the question.

Helomech74

Established Member
Running the F1D on a 6 rib will result in massive belt slip (especially if you plan on 20psi). The F1D still runs the same step ratio (5.4:1) as the other F blowers. I run an F1D as well and I'm running an 8 Rib setup on that particular car, belt slip isn't too bad unless the rpm gets up there. I would seriously consider an 8 rib swap and if you want to run a larger headunit pulley and still get higher boost, look at getting a 15 or 18% OD crank pulley.

brandon_s0854

Established Member
Thanks helomech. I was saying that 20psi was max I'd want to run. I'm shooting for 16-18 with a 9.1" crank pulley. I'm thinking a 4.5" would be close to that, but not sure it'll clear the valve cover. Any idea if I'm in the right ballpark with pulley size and if it'll fit?

Helomech74

Established Member
How are you measuring the crank pulley to get 9.1"? My 18% OD pulley is 7.75" the stock size is 6.5".

brandon_s0854

Established Member
Are you trying to run the lower pulley off an 03/04?

Not sure what you're asking. I'm currently running the metco 6lb crank pulley on an 03 cobra, which Metco lists as being 9.1" in diameter. Stock size is approximately 7.5". I'm wondering what the largest size 6-rib pulley I can put on an F1 without any issues and also what size should generate 16-18psi.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Not sure what you're asking. I'm currently running the metco 6lb crank pulley on an 03 cobra, which Metco lists as being 9.1" in diameter. Stock size is approximately 7.5". I'm wondering what the largest size 6-rib pulley I can put on an F1 without any issues and also what size should generate 16-18psi.

I missed that you have an 03. I was thinking you had an earlier Cobra koke me. I can't answer on the pulley. I already swapped over to 8 rib.

Users who are viewing this thread