show me some bad ass 99-04 GT's

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
im actually thinking of selling my cobra and buying a s281 s/c saleen because it will sound almost identical to a gt i love that deep sound u get from the car not this rasp shit my cobra has i hate it.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
rai_281 said:
im actually thinking of selling my cobra and buying a s281 s/c saleen because it will sound almost identical to a gt i love that deep sound u get from the car not this rasp shit my cobra has i hate it.

What exhaust do you have on the 04? When I bought my Mystic it had a BBK offroad h pipe with flowmasters both I hate. I really hate the raspy sound that off roads give. Sounds good at low rpms but when you get on it its terrible. Also said that you loose a small amount of torque without sufficient back pressure. I have the bassani X with two high flow cats with Borla Stingers on both stangs..both sound the same and both sound incredible. -Shane

Almo

Established Member
mysticsvt said:
First of all...look at the 1rst page again and see who talked shit. I was talking to him since he hasnt a clue.

You're were the one that started the shit dude!! :lol: And just who are you talking about that hasn't a clue?

mysticsvt said:
I love my GT, always have and I raced it more than I ever did my Cobra. Beat the snot out of a 2001 Corvette with cams and spraying 100 shot and he got mad and left. And I only ran a slow 8 secs that time.

8 secs in the 1/8... you need a driver mod!! :shrug:

mysticsvt said:
When compairing cars you have to do it stock...money talks and makes comaparisons pointless. If I had two stock cars a 02 GT and a 04 Cobra and gave each 500 bucks..who would make the most gain? Pully swap and tune...Cobra would kill the GT. So bang for the buck..Cobra wins.

You just said compare stock yet you contradict yourself and state the 500 dollars were of mods on both. :rollseyes

mysticsvt said:
I paid 26k for the Cobra with 16,000 miles stock, 20k grand for the GT stock with well over 6 grand in power mods and still a hell of alot less rwhp and rwtq..that's my math and reasoning.

Outstanding, you picked up a used Cobra for $26K... how about doing a little search of what you can get for a used 99 Mustang GT. $2000 for a blower, $600 for a 31 spline upgrade, $800 for a wheel/slick combo and one should be running 11's. $3400 + the amount for a used 99 Mustang GT and you wouldn't even be pushing $15K yet. :rollseyes

mysticsvt said:
If I could go back in time, I would have NEVER SC my GT and spent the money getting an 03/04 to do it rite. This is an opinion..and mine. List of mods also and yes I wish I would have gotten more out of her HP/TQ wise. Anyhow..just bought my KB and getting the associated mods up now and researching a little more. Shooting for 650rwhp with the 04 Cobra. With that said..here is my GT--Shane

Already had a KB Cobra so I guess I can call you a behind the times type of guy that hasn't gotten a clue. :rollseyes

Almo

Established Member
mysticsvt said:
Blah blah blah...should read more..I said that 8 sec was a slow time for me...READ.

1rst page as mentioned did not have me say anything first..READ.

Post #31, you’re trying to be funny right? 1st to say something derogatory about GTs!!! :rollseyes

mysticsvt said:
Like I said..which I have no clue what your trying to say...but...$500 in mods for 2 stock cars one being a 04 Cobra and one being a 04 GT and the Cobra will have more of an increase in power.

Stock GT compared to the price of a Stock Cobra and you hint to the fact of throwing $500 in each. :lol1: If you're going to compare, compare the price of the cars. :kaboom:

mysticsvt said:
Where are you getting all these parts and cars at? If you can find a 99GT for 2 grand...your good. A blower for 2 grand? What blower? Associated mods to go with it? A tune maybe??? Think your leaving a few mods out for your "get into the 11's for $26 bucks".

Learn to read!!! :rollseyes My quote from previous post is below. Where did I say 2 grand for a 99GT?!?!? And to boot, got my first blower with everything I needed to bolt her up for $2K (Vortech), chip, injectors, and maf included. Few mods like a shifter and an exhaust… you will need these in the Cobra to be dangerous, if not, good luck with your long throws. :shrug:

Again, here is my previous post... :rollseyes

Outstanding, you picked up a used Cobra for $26K... how about doing a little search of what you can get for a used 99 Mustang GT. $2000 for a blower, $600 for a 31 spline upgrade, $800 for a wheel/slick combo and one should be running 11's. $3400 + the amount for a used 99 Mustang GT and you wouldn't even be pushing $15K yet.

You can pick up a used Mustang GT for 9K hero!!! What did you say you got your used Cobra for??? $26K?!?!? Wow, I spent $12K on my second combo for my GT and like I said, this and the cost of the car wouldn't have been close to the $44K I spent in my KB Cobra. My $20K for my GT + my $12K and I still had $12K outside the cost of my KB Cobra... again my GT weighing in under 3100 lbs. would have spanked my KB Cobra, there was no contest.

mysticsvt said:
Are we done superestar, little off topic here-Shane

No not yet hero... outside of what you're saying and the fact that you compared prices; this will get you beat every time if you look at a higher platform. I will agree, starting with a better platform depending on if you have the money to mod it, you can't go wrong... but you will pay for it. Again, in the long run, you spend more than $500 dollars when comparing a stock Mustang GT for a stock Cobra. Of course the Cobra is going to produce more with $500 but you're going to pay $12K to $15K more for Cobra to start. :shrug:

Taking this to PMs.

Last edited:

UWISHU1

Honey Badger
Established Member
here's me 01 GT

IMG_2583.gif

IMG_2585.gif

IMG_2587.gif

newbull.jpg

redsox03

Banned
rai_281 said:
Shit, wanna trade?:D :beer: :thumbsup:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Black Mach 1 said:
The car isn't mine, but I know that the wheels are Falken Koblenz.

falken_wheel_koblenz_(gloss_black)_angle_zoom.jpg

In the picture I don't like the wheel, but on the mach they look AWESOME..I can't wait till I get another new edge.. I don't even like the 94-98 bodystyle, but I wanted a 5.0 so I bought my cobra as my racecar, and have so far spent most my time making it less ugly..

Users who are viewing this thread