show me some bad ass 99-04 GT's

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
Black03Mach said:
im pretty interested on the specs (not doubting but more curious)
ok man no problem. give me a few days to get a hold of him and get all the details and ill post them up for you. our car club is supposed to meet this afternoon so hopefully if we do meet he will be there. his car really is a bad ass car. it makes me miss my old GT.

sonic2003gt

Established Member
mysticsvt said:
HA HA HA..thats cute..I own a SC GT with about 10 grand and a 04 Cobra with about 4..there is NOOOO comparison. The GT...is SLOWWWWW. Thanks for playing though:lol:

Why does it always seem to end up being some type of bashing? How can you compare the Cobra's to a GT in cost of bolt-ons? I bought my GT new for $13,000 less than a new Cobra. Even with all the stuff I did to my car, I still have less in it than a stock Cobra. I love the Cobras, but why give all the GT guys so much crap? I walked an 03 Cobra with 485 rwhp and I was running less boost than him. We're all heading for the same destination, some of us just take a different road. Just my .02.

mustang38sumedium8lx.jpg

p1030343largepg6.jpg

Last edited:

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
i think that GT's are awesome. i had 2 GT's before i had my Cobra and to be honest with you i miss my 04 Sonic Blue GT. i was going to put a procharger on it but decided to just buy a Cobra. i love my Cobra but sometimes i wish i had a bad ass modded GT. i think all these GT's are kick ass. im not better or cooler because i have Cobra. i just love and appreciate cool cars.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
here's a pic of my beater

Car01.gif

sonic2003gt said:
We're all heading for the same destination, some of us just take a different road. Just my .02.

Exactly. This hobby would be boring if everyone was driving same car with the same mods.

Last edited:

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
1FastZ06 said:
I've seen a supercharged gt with gears walk an 03 cobra with mods. It's not impossible. Straight axles gears and tires do help.

I love cobra's but I can think of a gt right now that modular power house built for a guy wth a kb that would walk most cobras on this forum pretty hard. http://modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?p=170243
how much power did you make without the NAWZ??

1FastZ06

Banned
The guy I bought the car from said 312 to the wheels. I personally have not put my car on the dyno, I am not the one that has walked the 03 cobra the car I saw was a supercharged gt. I wouldnt mind trying though (with the spray)

Almo

Established Member
mysticsvt said:
Your stock GT ran circles around your Cobra? Your an idiot..or..your comparing a modded car against a modded car which is stupid. You can build a UGO to beat a Ford GT..if you had the money. Yes the Cobra cost more than a GT, you get what you pay for. I started off with a stock 02 GT and put ALOT of money into it...ran mid 7's in the 8th and never really had the bugs all worked out. Bought the Cobra for 26 grand...maybe 4 grand into her and almost 500 at the wheel with about 400 at the wheel in the GT...do the math. I owned a GT...and wish I could have just went back and started over with a better platform..the COBRA. Not a GT basher especially since I own one, but having had both...the Cobra even for the extra money is a much better car. To mod each..bang for the buck the Cobra is a much better car as well. To each his own, but I have been there-Shane

I'm an idiot? When did I ever say anything about my stock GT running circles around my Cobra. Learn to f'n read already!!! Stock GT is NA and a Cobra has a SC'er so again I would never compare the two of them... :rollseyes :rollseyes I have done the full list of mods on a NA GT, also having done a SC'er install on stock block (by the way, I beat ported blower Cobra's at the track with my GT only pushing 397 to the wheels, got it on vid) and I have also did a forged build up on my GT... not to forget you're not the only person to have owned both a GT and a Cobra so don't act like you have something on the people here on SVTP. You're not so much different than many people on this thread that have owned both and modded the heck out of both of them.

However, since you started comparing money... why do you think everyone picks up a fox and puts money into her... it's light and you can pay average dollar to get major HP. Don't toss out the money issue, because a 99 GT with a simple spline upgrade, wheel/tire combo, and a TS would cost far less than a Cobra with a few mods and would run with Cobra anytime of the week. Even if the Cobra had a wheel/tire combo on top of the price of the car and you were able to put the same amount of money into a GT… The GT is going to spank it at the track… same goes with picking up a Fox as stated above… spend the money in a Fox and compare it to the money spent in a GT and the Fox will run circles around the GT at the track. Taking everything into consideration in regards to the GT compared to the Cobra and I would pick the GT in the 1/4 6 days a week over the Cobra.

BigBeez03 said:
You GT owners are missing the whole point. "Mysticsvt" has had both cars, a blown GT and a Terminator, and he stated that simply putting a blower on the 2V GT is still no match for a 03/04 Cobra. Yes there are some seriously modded GTs in this thread that will outrun a Cobra but that is IRRELEVANT, you can make anything faster with more money!
Bottom line, mod for mod, the Cobra is going to make more power because of the superior platform in stock trim. I used to have a 02GT with full bolt-ons (no power adder) and in stock trim my 03Cobra was in another galaxy of performance, there is simply no argument.

By the way, Sweet GTs in this thread, props to all:beer:

:bs: :bs: Putting a blower on a GT will easily yield around 360-380 to the wheels and this would easily put the GT right beside a stock 03/04 Cobra and it would be far less expensive to do so than to pick up a Cobra. You can't compare money for mod issue in the cars of today. I'm just saying...

FYI for all... I love all Mustangs... pros and cons are carried with each. I hate weight and everyone owning a Cobra knows at a 1320 track, you have to lighten it up and and mod it to get it to 10s (using 10s as an example)... a M GT can be bought and modded for less to get into the 10s... same goes with a Fox... in short I am not hating, it's just how one looks at everything and if you have to compare then it's always going to be cheaper picking up a Mustang of yesterday.

Cheers,
Allen

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
IMG_1860.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
IMG_1872-1.jpg

2003 mustang gt -sold for 2004 cobra
mac o/r h pipe
mac catback
h&r super sport lowering springs tokico hp blue shocks
limo tinted windows all around
mach 1 grill delete
mach 1 chin spoiler

Last edited:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
sonic2003gt said:
Why does it always seem to end up being some type of bashing? How can you compare the Cobra's to a GT in cost of bolt-ons? I bought my GT new for $13,000 less than a new Cobra. Even with all the stuff I did to my car, I still have less in it than a stock Cobra. I love the Cobras, but why give all the GT guys so much crap? I walked an 03 Cobra with 485 rwhp and I was running less boost than him. We're all heading for the same destination, some of us just take a different road. Just my .02.

mustang38sumedium8lx.jpg

I agree with you 100%. Ragging on Mustang GT owners solves nothing. We are all family here & some of us should act more like it! :(

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
First of all...look at the 1rst page again and see who talked shit. I was talking to him since he hasnt a clue. I love my GT, always have and I raced it more than I ever did my Cobra. Beat the snot out of a 2001 Corvette with cams and spraying 100 shot and he got mad and left. And I only ran a slow 8 secs that time. When compairing cars you have to do it stock...money talks and makes comaparisons pointless. If I had two stock cars a 02 GT and a 04 Cobra and gave each 500 bucks..who would make the most gain? Pully swap and tune...Cobra would kill the GT. So bang for the buck..Cobra wins. I paid 26k for the Cobra with 16,000 miles stock, 20k grand for the GT stock with well over 6 grand in power mods and still a hell of alot less rwhp and rwtq..that's my math and reasoning. If I could go back in time, I would have NEVER SC my GT and spent the money getting an 03/04 to do it rite. This is an opinion..and mine. List of mods also and yes I wish I would have gotten more out of her HP/TQ wise. Anyhow..just bought my KB and getting the associated mods up now and researching a little more. Shooting for 650rwhp with the 04 Cobra. With that said..here is my GT--Shane

P1SC&8lbs, 3 core intercooler, 90mm Lightning MAF, SCT2 Tuner, ATS dyno tune, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Accufab 75mm throttle body and plenum, 04 Cobra tank with twin SVT Focus pumps, 42lb injectors, Anderson power pipe, 4.10 gears, built auto tranny with 2800 stall, cross drilled rotors, Cobra brakes, MM chrome caster cambers, H&R springs

Picture006-1.gif

Shane-1.gif

100_3759.jpg

IMG_30151.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread