Should we be attentive to the effects of 5G?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator

Gy2fKk.gif

Last edited:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I will have to watch the videos tonight. Should be entertainment.

I do know that 5G is supposed to be incredibly fast. I am looking forward to that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Another one. listen to a lot of stuff at work, and these were in a loop. It was indeed interesting.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I'll save you some minutes of your life. No.

I also already can pull 100mbps+ on LTE so... No need for faster right now. Building up the infrastructure is a good thing tho.

2000 Steeda GT #0048. 4V swap, FTBR IRS swap, suspension/tune.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator

I also already can pull 100mbps+ on LTE so... No need for faster right now. Building up the infrastructure is a good thing tho.

Needing it has nothing to do with the subject. It will be "here" whether you upgrade your phones of home devices or not. It's already being deployed.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I've read that the spectrum Verizon/At&t and many of the other are planning on using for 5g's non ionizing radiation is easily absorbed by skin, especially sweat glands. Ionizing radiation (is radiation that carries enough energy to knock electrons from atoms or molecules) is the much, much more dangerous radiation (< UV, X, Gama ).
I prefer T-Mobile using the lower end UHF 600mhz+ Carries a long way and through buildings so far fewer towers and the speeds are crazy, I've been getting near 100 mb down and 20-25 up since band 71 went live in my area.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member

this is incorrect. I work in this field, and the use for 5g is legit. At the moment, people only think of the consumer side of things. The real advantages (some of them) are:

-On site surgeries. 5g has almost zero latency and would allow real time force feedback, allowing doctors to remotely perform life saving surgeries on site, eliminating the need to transport the patient to the service center/doctor.

-Sensing technology to collect data and pinpoint the location of a pipe leak underground instead of testing entire areas, which waste resources. 5g and sensors would also allow power plants to idle down or ramp up production and redistribute energy where it is needed on a smart grid. This isn't possible on a wide scale with 4th gen tech.

These are just 2 examples. There is a need for it. But there is a bigger need to build the infrastructure right the first time, with security being the top priority.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
See that is cool, yes I was just thinking of the consumer side. Which right now is more than fast enough in a lot of places. The USA is about 5-10 years behind tho... I get SO much better service in Europe than I ever got in the states. Don't even get me started on some of the "asian" countries.

Security yes, its gotta be unhackable or at least to the point where its going to be damn near impossible for anyone but massive gov't funded hackers to have any shot at.

08mojo

Established Member
I truly wonder if 50 years from now, cell phones will be regarded as the 'cigarettes of our time'. "Can you believe those idiots thought it was safe to put a microwave in their pocket all day. Then, when they really produced radiation, the idiots held them to their brain!"

coposrv

Established Member
I’m more nervous about the chem trails.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
this is incorrect. I work in this field, and the use for 5g is legit. At the moment, people only think of the consumer side of things. The real advantages (some of them) are:

-On site surgeries. 5g has almost zero latency and would allow real time force feedback, allowing doctors to remotely perform life saving surgeries on site, eliminating the need to transport the patient to the service center/doctor.

-Sensing technology to collect data and pinpoint the location of a pipe leak underground instead of testing entire areas, which waste resources. 5g and sensors would also allow power plants to idle down or ramp up production and redistribute energy where it is needed on a smart grid. This isn't possible on a wide scale with 4th gen tech.

These are just 2 examples. There is a need for it. But there is a bigger need to build the infrastructure right the first time, with security being the top priority.
Weird. Those are the same 2 points I heard the MSM talking about. I ain't sayin', just sayin'.

I’m more nervous about the chem trails.
As they say, I been treed.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
What are you saying? That you want to read the report I wrote about this subject in 2017?
Seriously, here's what I'm saying:

What you typed out is damn near verbatim what I heard on the MSM a couple of days ago. Coincidence? I dunno.

Whatever I hear/see from the MSM instantly gets put in my "needs more scrutiny" bin. I'm a voracious reader. If you'd like to post yer report from 2017, I will read it.

My comment was 100% reflective of my experience so far.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Seriously, here's what I'm saying:

What you typed out is damn near verbatim what I heard on the MSM a couple of days ago. Coincidence? I dunno.

Whatever I hear/see from the MSM instantly gets put in my "needs more scrutiny" bin. I'm a voracious reader. If you'd like to post yer report from 2017, I will read it.

My comment was 100% reflective of my experience so far.
Guy can barley form a coherent thought here, don't ask for his "report" as it'll cause autism.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
lol. you can't even put 2 and 2 together.

It wasn't a post, it was a report that I wrote.
He said, "If you'd like to post yer report."

Every time I actually start to think you are smaht, you say something to remind me that I might be imagining things.

Given it's likely written in crayon...probably not.

I raffed out roud. ROR :D

Users who are viewing this thread