Should Police stop speeders like this?

rust0r

Established Member
Going off that video, it looks like he might have hurt the bumper a little.

i think he hurt a lot more than the bumper, the cop car completely stopped the bike in its tracks, you can see it flop down on the ground, bike went flying obviously

wvmystichrome

Established Member
That definitely was extreme. But if the situation mandates that then I have no problem with it. I agree with one comment better him than my wife and daughter getting killed from him hitting them.

smknvette

Established Member
If they are going to run into motorcycles why not just shoot them instead? Has the same out come. Personally if it is just a ticket (and not a crazy one) let them go. Its not worth somebodys life at 20 mph over. I know alot of guys that have run for less (yes it's stupid and not worth running at all) but should they die?

Common

Established Member
I honestly bet that was pure coincedence. My money's on the fact that he was trying to block the road knowing the were chasing him in that direction but when he turned the corner didnt know they were flying up that quick. Sucks for the guy he pulled in front of no doubt, but the cop shoulda had the common sense to see he pulled infront of a speeding bike. He probably got repremanded for it.

+10000000000000000

RussZTT

Established Member
Can't see the vid but was it a night shot? If so I know this vid, the dude robbed a bank and stole the bike.

rust0r

Established Member
Can't see the vid but was it a night shot? If so I know this vid, the dude robbed a bank and stole the bike.

I know what vid you're talking about, where they purposely just ram the bike from the side, i think in some foreign country, this is a different one, cop turns onto a street and swings his cruiser sideways and the bike clips the front of end of his car, really don't see much of the bike because he was going very fast

mkb116

Established Member
The thing about motorcycle chases is they usually don't last long. A majority of them get away before you can get any help started. Crown Vics can keep up with bikes for about a split second and then the guys almost out of site. Radio to units up ahead, call for a chopper. Thats all you can really do. I don't think just because a motorcyce runs, you should let him go, its really sending the wrong message.

If you get the plate before you make the stop that is great, you don't have to put anyone in danger and you can show up at his house, but most motorcyclists that get pulled over don't have plates, and for a reason. They know ahead of time they are going to run if they get lit up.

TNTramair

Established Member
mostly all the douche bags that run from the cops on bikes end up wrecking. its not a matter of if but a matter of when. so...better the cop take him out than a mother with her baby in the back seat driving down the street minding her own business. im all for it.

the only bad side is....this moron will probably up and sue the cops for excessive force and maybe win...its rediculous. he got what he deserved

smknvette

Established Member
I think it all matters on the situation. Depends on where your at, what time it is, traffic, people, ect....
Pretty much what most of you are saying is that if you go out and mash your car on the highway see a cop and duck off a side street they can pretty much ram your car and shoot you when they get you out of the car. Theres too many variables just to say all people on motorcycles should be ran over and if they die oh well.

rust0r

Established Member
I think it all matters on the situation. Depends on where your at, what time it is, traffic, people, ect....
Pretty much what most of you are saying is that if you go out and mash your car on the highway see a cop and duck off a side street they can pretty much ram your car and shoot you when they get you out of the car. Theres too many variables just to say all people on motorcycles should be ran over and if they die oh well.

very good analogy :beer:

TH90GT

Established Member
Anything should be done protect the ones we love and care about. All of you people have a problem with it until the criminal kills someone you care about, then you say the Police didn't do enough to stop him. I say anything is legal if the person decides to run from the cops. As long as I go to bed everynight knowing my family and the people I care about are safe and sound, I really don't care about the pain and suffering some criminal is going through...
+1 Family first...that guy ran so he got what he deserved!

LT1Porsche

Established Member
The way I precieved the video was the cop was trying to get into position and the bike just came up too fast. But c'mon. Why is it always the cops fault? Did the cop run into the bike or did the bike run into the cop? Where do you point the finger? In my eyes if you run from the cops you accept the responsibility for what happenes with your life and the ones directly effected by your decision to run. If you ram a Police car or a civilians car because you are traveling at a high rate of speed and do not have the reaction time to swerve or dodge the car then that error is on your part not the Police Officer. Just my .02

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
if u run from the cops, it gives them the right to do w.e it takes to take ur criminal ass off the road to protect everyone else, obviously u dont care for ur life so y should the cop?

BS, half the time the cops chasing someone is the hazard. Most of the time a high speed chase is not the answer and causes the situation to endanger eveyone.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Do you think police should be able to take these extreme measures?

YES!!!!!!!!!

I think the police should start killing EVERY person who runs from the police before the runner kills an innocent person. RPG, Sniper, etc.

Don't like it don't run. Plain and simple.

BS, half the time the cops chasing someone is the hazard. Most of the time a high speed chase is not the answer and causes the situation to endanger eveyone.

PEOPLE WHO THINK LIKE YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!!!! YEP IT'S THE COPS FAULT THAT SOME SHIT BAG DECIDES TO RUN. LET THEM GO. F-THAT KILL THEM!!!!!!!!

VPF

Last edited:

CobraBen98

GO SPURS GO!
Established Member
The way I precieved the video was the cop was trying to get into position and the bike just came up too fast. But c'mon. Why is it always the cops fault? Did the cop run into the bike or did the bike run into the cop? Where do you point the finger? In my eyes if you run from the cops you accept the responsibility for what happenes with your life and the ones directly effected by your decision to run. If you ram a Police car or a civilians car because you are traveling at a high rate of speed and do not have the reaction time to swerve or dodge the car then that error is on your part not the Police Officer. Just my .02

Well said. I don't think it was intentional.

Don't like it don't run. Plain and simple.

Again, well said.

darkcrayz

Established Member
i think they should chase him down. he shouldnt get special treatment because he chose to ride a bike. the knew the bike had inherent danger that car does not. i think they should still chase him down. not chasing him down sends the wrong message. if that is the case more criminals will jump on bikes and just take off knowing cops wont chase them. if he broke the law he deserves to be punished, it was his choice to ride the motorcyle, no one else forced him on it.

Users who are viewing this thread