Should Police stop speeders like this?

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Depends on the situation. This guy could have just killed 10 people execution style for all we know. Then yes ....

If criminals knew they were going to get taken down hard EVERY time, I bet there would be less crime ...

straightliner1

Established Member
First of all, there's more to that story than just speeding. If they are running from a felony-based crime and there is no danger to the general public, I've seen extreme measures taken by agencies to stop fugitives before.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the officer's actions.

Burninout101

Established Member
If this is the same story that happen not to long ago. They blasted through some red lights in excess of 100mph. The innocent girlfriend on the back was in the hospital with sever brain damage. Not sure if she made it out okay.

kuruma

Established Member
Unless they just murdered someone. No.

Police chases always end up with someone getting hurt, all they need to do is pick up the perp later at their home...

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Yall have got to be shitting me. You say only unless he did something like murder?

This guy is hauling ass prob well above 150mph and you think cops shouldnt be able to do this. Im sorry but id rather a trained cop take that loser out, than my family following the law gets hit by this ass clown and kills my family.

Hes breaking the law going that fast, and he is putting everyone else's life in danger around him.

I say more power to the cops throw a spike strip down sit back and watch the fun.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I had a former Georgia State Patrol officer tell me that if they had a motorcycle fleeing from them they would everything they could to take him out. They didn't care if it killed him or not.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Unless they just murdered someone. No.

Police chases always end up with someone getting hurt, all they need to do is pick up the perp later at their home...

And then the guy murders someone else, then who gets blamed for 'not doing enough'? The cops.
Yes. The individual on the bike made the decision to run and the police officers must do what they have to to protect society. Police in today's world are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Raymond

slower than you
Established Member
Eh, the police ram cars when they run, might as well ram the bikes too. The riders know what they're getting themselves into when they hop on the seat.. they shouldn't get special treatment.

70mach1

Established Member
if u run from the cops, it gives them the right to do w.e it takes to take ur criminal ass off the road to protect everyone else, obviously u dont care for ur life so y should the cop?

musclefan21

Established Member
dude, he was like what? 80-100mph trying to pass an intersection at that speed? obviously he didn't care about his own and others life by doing that. I would probably terminate the pursiut and try to catch him later witht the plate informations. but I don't know what the rule is on pursuits.

CFRacer22

Established Member
i'd have to say situational too, they could at least try to not make it a head on crash...thats like saying you should get the death penatly for speeding, which I guarantee all of you have done

rust0r

Established Member
if it was simple speeding, let the guy go, child molesting, rape, murder then ok, ram him and drag him under the car for a few blocks

someone stated "police ram cars, why not bikers", they use the PIT (might have two Ts, i don't know) on cars to spin them out and then box them in with the intention of bringing the pursuit to a halt with minimal injury to everyone involved, they aren't trying to kill the suspect by causing brute force to his vehicle with theirs (although i'm sure in some cases, this is what is done given the proper situation), PITing a biker, or "ramming him" has a very good chance of killing him, so you better be damn sure it was worth it

many of you are looking at it from the "good, mess up the biker, he deserves it", i'm just guessing, but a 500lb object hitting the front side of a police cruising doing 80mph+ isn't going to end well for the cop driving either (for anyone who has seen what a bike at high speeds impacting a car does to it)

yomommas

Banned
i'm wondering how we know the cop was trying to catch the guy on the bike. he had his lights on from the beginning (like he was up to something else), then he turns into the wrong lane? maybe i missed something, but regardless, intentionally knocking someone of a bike is f*cked up. cop or not

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Thats a dick move. But hey, if you can get away with shit like that, why not.

Simple.. Speeders get tickets. Exceptional speeders get summons. No one should get the death penalty for speeding, or at least punishment should be left up to the court and not Judge Dredd other there.

Who knows the background on this though, so there is a BIIIIIIIG gray area here. If he was in a pursuit then all bets were off.

GTPRFXN

Established Member
Here in ontario Canada. If the chase ends up going over a certain speed in the city the police have to back off and call the chase off, and or let the eyes in the sky take over. To many innocent lives at risk when going those rates of speed through a busy city.

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
I honestly bet that was pure coincedence. My money's on the fact that he was trying to block the road knowing the were chasing him in that direction but when he turned the corner didnt know they were flying up that quick. Sucks for the guy he pulled in front of no doubt, but the cop shoulda had the common sense to see he pulled infront of a speeding bike. He probably got repremanded for it.

O4COBRA

Established Member
Anything should be done protect the ones we love and care about. All of you people have a problem with it until the criminal kills someone you care about, then you say the Police didn't do enough to stop him. I say anything is legal if the person decides to run from the cops. As long as I go to bed everynight knowing my family and the people I care about are safe and sound, I really don't care about the pain and suffering some criminal is going through...

Users who are viewing this thread