Should I worry on getting IMRC delete plates?

adriangv

Established Member
I have a 96 cobra with a built bottom end, forged internals etc. Should I worry on getting the IMRC delete plates? I’ve never noticed a loss in power but i see it’s been a major issue in the 96-98 cobra intakes. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

adriangv

Established Member
Car has 100k miles on chassis. Freshly new built motor. Reason for rebuild was due to a rod knock.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Just use you own remove the rod and plates and have a welder weld up the two end holes you don’t need to weld all the holes where the shaft goes through just the outer ends

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Did it to mine and had tuner shut it off it’s so much better and made more power in the Dyno

wirelessguy2005

Established Member
when i had my car apart over the winter for the e85 conversion i took out the imrc plates and installed the ones from MMR, they were expensive but i feel that it was worth it from a performance standpoint as well as less potential problems down the road with the factory imrc acting up.

adriangv

Established Member
when i had my car apart over the winter for the e85 conversion i took out the imrc plates and installed the ones from MMR, they were expensive but i feel that it was worth it from a performance standpoint as well as less potential problems down the road with the factory imrc acting up.

i see i see,. i seen MMR delete plates and i may consider just getting them for the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread