should I do an off road X?

nightstalker865

Established Member
looking into a mid pipe and trying to figure out the age old question. to cat or not to cat! we don't have any emission testing here in TN so I'm not worried about that. How much louder is the off road than the catted? does it have more or less drone to it? Is it really going to gain me that much power? I'm thinking at the most 2-3rwhp.

Eric

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
03SteedaGT said:
looking into a mid pipe and trying to figure out the age old question. to cat or not to cat! we don't have any emission testing here in TN so I'm not worried about that. How much louder is the off road than the catted? does it have more or less drone to it? Is it really going to gain me that much power? I'm thinking at the most 2-3rwhp.

Eric

To me, catted pipes sound better and still make plenty of that great sound, but they keep it so you can tolerate it. You need to get a pretty quiet catback just to tolerate the midpipe unless you cat it. You are right on with your rwhp estimate, that is till you get above 500-550, might be as much as 10 in there.

I am staying Catted after having a Bassani X and Borla Stinger CB (too loud)

Oh, also, :wf:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Yeah, why not? Takes me about an hour to swap midpipes total. Done it 399023943249 times. You will like the sound, btw. buy one, they're kinda inexpensive compared to catted pipes.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Go with an O/R H pipe. It will sound much better with your magnaflow catback. I have a magnaflow catback with an MRT O/R H, no drone @ all. No cats is significantly louder then having a catted pipe, and IMO sounds ALOT better

This is a vid of my car with the O/R H and magnaflows. Crappy vid, but you can get the idea

http://outside.drobnak.com:4185/dave_car/F1A driveby.wmv

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
An O/R H or X-pipe is going to be louder than stock so make sure that is what you're looking for. I personally like the sound of a catted pipe as well, and I'm being responsible to the environment and obeying the law. Which is why they are called "off road" pipes. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread