Should I do a leveling kit?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Will it cause premature wear on the ball joints and tie-rod ends?

Vehicle is getting up there in miles but currently has no suspension problems so I don't want to cause any. I ask because it looks like a leveling kit sort of makes it like you are driving around at full jounce all the time (?)

It's just a beater that I slowly drive around locally, mainly to Home Depot lol. But I do like the look of the truck, and think raising the front would make it look even better.

2004, 4.6 2v, 2wd, stock wheels/tires, and 124k.

thx

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I’ve been researching this as well Chris as I just picked up a 2015. I wish this section was more active. That said from what I’ve researched if you don’t go more than 2” you should be fine. I think I’m going to head the adjustable Billstein 5100 route though instead of the puck route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
You could just do what I did. I bought a Ground Force 2" rear drop kit and now it's leveled and looks 100% better. (It's a 2016 Ram Sport 4X4 rcsb, not a F-150. But you'd get the same effect.)
It might be cheaper to do it this way and save your front end.
Good luck!

M91196

Established Member
Bilsteins on my 2016 F150 for 18 months, did them in my garage.

23K, No regrets

690e2ba45af5a1bd2db749ddbf48f697.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks, I went Max height after much reading and debate,originally picked up 2” and has settled 1/2” +/- when I measured it this summer.

Good deal no harsh ride at 2”? That’s what I was leaning with. But a lot of people like the 1.75” setting.

M91196

Established Member
Good deal no harsh ride at 2”? That’s what I was leaning with. But a lot of people like the 1.75” setting.

It’s got a truck like ride,had 10 ply tires when new, not a car ride with those.
Added the taller TKO 2’s, 10 ply, and cranked it tighter with the shocks,you won’t mistake it for a car, ever.

I was looking to escape the grandpa rake so I was afraid of anything less than max, and it was 1/4 rake at first, just about perfect.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
It’s got a truck like ride,had 10 ply tires when new, not a car ride with those.
Added the taller TKO 2’s, 10 ply, and cranked it tighter with the shocks,you won’t mistake it for a car, ever.

I was looking to escape the grandpa rake so I was afraid of anything less than max, and it was 1/4 rake at first, just about perfect.

Awesome thank you.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Also, I forgot to ask - should you re-adjust your headlights after doing this? They would be affected and aiming higher, right?

Also, with bigger diameter tires, what do you guys do about the speedo on these newer vehicles? Do you need to buy another handheld tuner?

M91196

Established Member
What size tire are you running now?

Ugh, it’s in the airport parking garage, I’m traveling.
I wanna say 285 70’s or 75’s? 17.

I’m 99.9999% on the 285 it’s the aspect ratio I can’t remember.

Sorry I can’t friggin remember anything any more....they don’t hit the crash bars

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Also, I forgot to ask - should you re-adjust your headlights after doing this? They would be affected and aiming higher, right?

Also, with bigger diameter tires, what do you guys do about the speedo on these newer vehicles? Do you need to buy another handheld tuner?

Speedo could be adjusted with a Tuner, dealership, or if newer truck forescan.

As far as the headlights I’m wondering the same thing.

jayk17

Established Member
If you are being flashed most of the time, it is good to adjust your headlights.

Users who are viewing this thread