Should I be concerned?

Adamn

Established Member
Last fall I did a pprv delete and after finishing it I took my car out to make sure everything was ok, it wasn't. When I got up to 4500 rpm the car fell on its face and would barely go over an idle. I noticed the intake tube was slightly off the throttle body so I thought it was pulling in unmetered air and that was the problem. I reattached the boot and tried it again with the same result but this time the check engine light came on and it threw the code for the frps. I replaced the frps but it didn't fix the problem so I figured one of the hoses must have come off in the tank. A couple months ago I dropped the tank and realized I never plugged one of the pumps electrical connector back in. Stupid mistake. So what was happening was I was running out of fuel and went into some kind of limp mode or safe mode. I have only driven my car a few times since resolving the issue and everything seems fine but I can't help but wonder if those 3 times of running out of fuel did any damage to my engine.

Users who are viewing this thread