Shorty Headers

railroad

Established Member
Any pictures of the JBA shorties for the 13/14 Shelby GT500? Not interested in a debate over long tube and shorties, just want to see what they look like.
After seeing the cast iron manifolds have only a 2 inch opening, I cannot sleep good.
I did read TOB's post on installing Ford shorties, do not think I want to go through that.
I do not know if it is possible to open up the cast iron manifolds to 2.5 inches, but I feel any increase would be noticeable.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I think the JBA GT500 headers are vaporware. Try to follow the trail - it's a goose chase. From incorrect images/instructions being shown to them being listed as out of stock at JBA's own site, etc.

railroad

Established Member
Thanks Snoopy & Tob. Lethal shows the headers available on their site, but it may be old and not updated. They did not have a picture I could pull up. The ones at the site Snoopy posted seemed to look right on the instruction sheet. Sometimes I want to upgrade past the stock manifolds, add a Killer Chiller, etc and then I say be happy where you are. Who knows where it will end up. Still interested in any leads, updates or actual experience with the shorties. Really stumped by the 2 inch hole on the manifolds.

Snoopy49

Established Member
This is from the instruction sheet.
The picture of the instruction sheet within the instructions is the reason I questioned the picture of the headers.

JBA-1695S Shorty Headers.jpg

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Auto Accessories Garage.com
While we cannot advertise certain coupons or prices online, we may be able to provide deeper discounts over the phone.

Cat4ward Shorty Header
GT500, 5.8L
1-5/8 In. Tube Size
Silver Ceramic
•Part #: 1695SJS
•Installation Instructions
$612.92
Free Shipping
Ships between 10/19/15 - 10/23/15

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'll call JBA today and ask for a simple photo of them. Not of some other header or BS, but of the shorty header they advertise for the GT500.

paluka21

Established Member
If you're interested in them, call up JBA to ask their sales dept whats up.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Shot JBA an email about them earlier:

"This NEW part is not out of production yet and will be in stock in 2-3 weeks."

I noted some discrepancies on various websites so also inquired as to fitment:

"07-2014 are the same hookup locations on the manifolds and testing will be done once we have finalized production pieces. It will be like 10-15hp but the weight savings and lower under hood with the ceramic coating are great benefits also. This new shorty header is FULLY emissions legal/CARB approved for all GT-500 applications.

Once we have more info in the near future we will post it on the JBA website and Facebook page so keep an eye out."

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Hilarious. I waited 20 minutes on the tech line (started out as caller number 8) to speak to someone. I made it clear that I was simply looking to verify that they part indeed existed as that the pdf JBA made shows a 5.4 3V truck header. I asked for a photo to present to a pool of potential customers that showed that the part actually existed.

"Brian" then asked me if my name was Ron. I knew immediately who he was referring to, lol.

Brian said that they were working for their EO number and that the part would be released in a couple of weeks.

I'll believe it when I see it. Something doesn't add up, as one of the EO numbers shown at the bottom of the pdf has a lengthy list of vehicles that the number applies to and they do in fact list a GT500 once (and only with respect to one of the two EO numbers listed).

Users who are viewing this thread