Shortage of Kona Coffee

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
that sucks, havent tried the Kona Blend yet.

Still loving my box of Green Mountain Coffee's Nantauket Iced blend.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Kona shortage is not a marketing gimmick at all. There is a real shortage due to the small size of the Kona plantations and increasing consumer demand.

IMO, though, a Kona "blend" doesn't compare to 100% Kona coffee. I was a whole bean coffee junkie before being sold on the Keurig single serve coffee makers and K-Cups about 3 years ago. I've had freshly ground 100% Kona coffee and also Kona blends. 100% Kona is exceptional, taste wise, but a blend like the Tully's Kona Blend doesn't compare. Oh, it's good for sure, but a blend can't compare to 100% Kona. I use a variety of K-Cups, including Tully's Kona Blend, but there are other K-Cup coffees that compare in taste to the Kona Blend. So for me, if I can't get Tully's Kona Blend (which I have here along with about 8 other types of K-Cups) I'll be very happy with other comparably nice coffees like Tully's House Blend and Coffee People Donut Shop coffee. I absolutely love K-Cups, and the variety is huge. Coffee drinker heaven! :)

P.S. - For those who don't know, and those who like Starbucks, Starbucks and Green Mountain (who owns Keurig) have partnered and we'll see Starbucks K-Cups coming in the Fall.

Users who are viewing this thread