Short vid of new exhaust and gen4 2.9 crusher

stangfreak

Established Member
I have a gen2 2.9 std inlet and I’m trying to stay strong and not jump from blower to blower but all these threads about these newer gen blowers are making it hard lol

I said that so many times lol. My tuner who built snake bite said the same thing. we jump from blower to blower, the next best thing, and we end up gaining marginal hp. You still right there. You are expecting to make all this hp but it doesn't work that way. especially on a stock motor. Buy sell buy sell buy sell. Its a viscous cycle. I dont even remember how many twinscrews Iv owned. All the money and time I put into all those swaps you would think I am making 900rwhp. No lol.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I said that so many times lol. My tuner who built snake bite said the same thing. we jump from blower to blower, the next best thing, and we end up gaining marginal hp. You still right there. You are expecting to make all this hp but it doesn't work that way. especially on a stock motor. Buy sell buy sell buy sell. Its a viscous cycle. I dont even remember how many twinscrews Iv owned. All the money and time I put into all those swaps you would think I am making 900rwhp. No lol.
That's why I went with this blower. It's a way to keep myself in check. If I ever want more than this blower can give it's time for turbos. And I really don't want to deal with turbos.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I have bounced around myself, 2.3 whipple, 2.3 tvs, different gens, different t/bs, different inlets ect... I will say that this gen 4 crusher is night and day over anything I have had. Hits like a sledge hammer down low and pulls like a freight train up top. I do wish I would have waited till the gen5 was released but I didnt know it was coming. This new 2.9 is perfectly at home on the street and the track, to me it's a true dual purpose blower. I will follow that with it needs to be pullied for 23+ lbs of boost and it needs E85 fuel. I'd love to say I'm staying with this blower but I'll eventually swap to a 3.0. After that I'll be done, or it will be turbos. I dont think anything else, brand or size, can compete with these new gen4/gen5 blowers.
Know what you want from your car and go get it.

stangfreak

Established Member
That's why I went with this blower. It's a way to keep myself in check. If I ever want more than this blower can give it's time for turbos. And I really don't want to deal with turbos.

dude thats what my tuner told me at mustang magic. He's a turbo guy. I remember when HP performance was still around, the company that made the twin turbo kits that were mounted behind the bumper and everyone was saying it was a garbage kit? well I should have bought one back then bc they were CHEAP and honestly, they worked. Three of my friends have those kits and not one of them ever had a problem. He told us if you want big power, go with a turbo kit. stop dicking around. If turbos are not for you, then you have to be happy with what you or buy a different car.

Then the funny part was, and I am talking YEARS ago, he said, " I will see you guys 10 15 years from now swapping out 5L superchargers into your cobras" lmao and guess what, he was not too far off!!! we have a 4L whipple! lol.

As a matter of fact, for the 03 04 cobra, he recommends the 2.9 whipple. If you are not happy with a 2.9 whipple, its turbo time. Not the 3.4, not the 4.0, not the gen 5 7L whipple. lol. But hey, thats just his recommenation. Its not set in stone people can do what they want.

stangfreak

Established Member
I have bounced around myself, 2.3 whipple, 2.3 tvs, different gens, different t/bs, different inlets ect... I will say that this gen 4 crusher is night and day over anything I have had. Hits like a sledge hammer down low and pulls like a freight train up top. I do wish I would have waited till the gen5 was released but I didnt know it was coming. This new 2.9 is perfectly at home on the street and the track, to me it's a true dual purpose blower. I will follow that with it needs to be pullied for 23+ lbs of boost and it needs E85 fuel. I'd love to say I'm staying with this blower but I'll eventually swap to a 3.0. After that I'll be done, or it will be turbos. I dont think anything else, brand or size, can compete with these new gen4/gen5 blowers.
Know what you want from your car and go get it.

I honestly thing the 2.9 whipple is a perfect blower for the cobra. It just works. I remember everyone on modularfords was talking to dustin whipple and convincing him to release the 2.9 for the terminator. At first he said no bc there was no market for it. Now, its there best selling blower. its not too big and its not too small.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
dude thats what my tuner told me at mustang magic. He's a turbo guy. I remember when HP performance was still around, the company that made the twin turbo kits that were mounted behind the bumper and everyone was saying it was a garbage kit? well I should have bought one back then bc they were CHEAP and honestly, they worked. Three of my friends have those kits and not one of them ever had a problem. He told us if you want big power, go with a turbo kit. stop dicking around. If turbos are not for you, then you have to be happy with what you or buy a different car.

Then the funny part was, and I am talking YEARS ago, he said, " I will see you guys 10 15 years from now swapping out 5L superchargers into your cobras" lmao and guess what, he was not too far off!!! we have a 4L whipple! lol.

As a matter of fact, for the 03 04 cobra, he recommends the 2.9 whipple. If you are not happy with a 2.9 whipple, its turbo time. Not the 3.4, not the 4.0, not the gen 5 7L whipple. lol. But hey, thats just his recommenation. Its not set in stone people can do what they want.
I remember those kits. I wanted one really bad back then. But I ended up going centrifugal instead. I helped a buddy put a Hellion on his GT and wasn't impressed at all. When I was researching turbos I figured out it was best to go custom. Which means $$$.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I’ve had my HP kit for 14 years now. It’s treated me well, but the up pipes are rusting pretty bad. Supposed to have a lifetime warranty on the piping, but with the company being long gone... no dice.

I actually tracked down Nathan of HP on FB to see if he would build me the 3rd generation hot side. He said he would..... but he hasn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread